Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BS Fan Meet ? July 2005 ? Pics & Vids (not 56k friendly)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: BS Fan Meet July 2005 Pics & Vids (not 56k friendly) Reply with quote

POST YOUR STUFF HERE!! SHARE THE GOODS!! Share your stories if you have them too.

Anyway, Jules asked me to post the Richard video. Sorry, Richard. It was inevitable. Feel free to post photographic evidence in retaliation.

The Richard Dance
Richard BS BBQ (DivX)
Richard BS BBQ (WMV)

Brooke trying the candy that Zephie brought over
Brooke (DivX)
Brooke (WMV)

Eggplant's photoalbums
Wreck Beach
UBC Museum of Anthropology
Science World
Lynn Canyon
Broken Saints Backyard BBQ
Richmond Night Market
Stanley Park
Vancouver Aquarium
English Bay
Broken Saints Fans
All 625 photos by Eggplant

Richard's stuff
Batch 01: Arrival
Batch 02: Science World
Batch 03: Sushi
Batch 04: Bridge
Batch 05: Barbecue
Batch 06: Origami
Batch 07: Evening
Batch 08: Kites
Batch 09: Chips
Batch 10: Karaoke
Batch 11: Aquarium

Just the photos
Just the videos
Main folder

Zephie's stuff
Zephie's own personal Van report w/photos

---------------------------

Why I didn't sit in the front of the Notorious PSY's car

It's Dr. Dood!

Having some fun at Wreck Beach

Dr. Dood on a rock

Dr. Dood's evil eye (at the beach near Burrard Bridge)

Meet and greet

Saggio (to Xan): "Do I know you?"
Xan: "You should."
Saggio (to Ross): "Is that Xan?"

Richard vs. Xan playing Mindball at Science World (Xan won)

Xan doing some interpretative dance in front of a green screen

Richard in a box

Eggplant in a box

I believe Richard has a video of them doing this

Xan as a bee

This one is good for a caption contest

Always a good thing to know

Zephie rocking out at the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge

Dr. Dood gives the BBQ his seal of approval

Say hi to Zephie

What's so interesting over there?

Dr. Dood's gift to Brooke

Xan fences with a cookie in his mouth

CotC ready to do some damage

Dr. Dood wins against Saggio

I think Ian got freaked that Richard and I ran up to him and started taking pictures of him

Jedi Brooke? Or something phallic?

Ross and a burger flipper

Saggio, Nick, and CotC

Xan playing a little guitar

The Richard Dance!

"Don't try this at home," says Brooke to the neighboring kids.

Whoooo

Zeph and her guitar

Andrew (threw a tortilla chip into the bathroom when I was in there)

Tom, Mark, and Syl do some tai chi

Oooohh... Aaaaahh...

Ross vs. Jules at checkers

Richard and Dr. Dood at Psy's house

Psy and Zephie at Psy's house

Eating out at Legendary Noodle

Two Dood thumbs up

This is DEFINITELY one for a caption contest

Psy, Dood, Mark, and Xan at the Chinese Night Market in Richmond

Trying to find a Stanley Park bus stop

Ross puts together the first kite

Ross getting his kite up

Ross assembles another kite

Jules and her kite

Zephie flying a kite

Richard watches on and takes photos

Richard fiddling with a kite

Xan is determined to get the crappy kite up

Xan giving Richard bunny ears

Happy Birthday to Dr. Dood!

Hey there, Richard.

Psy, Dood, and Nick

Going for gelato after Dood's birthday dinner

On the way to the SkyTrain

The m&m's monkey

Richard has two candies left for Ogre and Ogress although this is also a good one for a caption contest

Gathering outside after some karaoke at The Buffalo Club

Xan vs. Nature

Peek-a-boo

This otter wins the cuteness award

Richard tempts fate (i.e. geese)

Zephie and the House of Clogs

Hanging out at English Bay

The last photo I took in Van

Last edited by The Eggplant on Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:28 pm; edited 29 times in total
Dark Star

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG YES!!!!

I LOVE YOU RICHARD YAY!

*throws panties!*

(my really crappy photo's that have no real relevance will be posted some time over the next few days.)

I call him Mini George doubleyuh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FallenAngel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*laughs hysterically*

OMG!!!!!!

RICHARD!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

"did I dream this belief?
or did i believe this dream?"
Mooshou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha man, can never get tired of that.. Richard you tickle my fancy HAHA
Samael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha

wow richard. i never considered you the uh...goofy solo dance type.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zeek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwahaha, gotta go to the photolab so I can get my prints done, then I'll scan the good 'uns
Mindless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggplant, you rule Awesome!
CaptivatingAngel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............. RICHARD, you are AWESOME!!! Wow. hahahaahhaaaahahahahhaa..... ~wipes tear~

:::::::::: sigh :::::::::::

I miss you too!!! Much LOVE..... wow, I can't believe we missed that. I'm trying hard to win the Lotto lately.... if I win, I'm flying you out in August again, for the BS show.

Good times. I'm glad you all had fun... that looked like a blast!!
Jacob Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I missed that!! Well, hopefully next year
Guppy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard I so owe you a random dance.
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, here's a clip of some Saints flying kites. There's no audio (unless you want to hear the wind blowing over my microphone) so you're just going to have to use your imagination or something.

EDIT: Video offline for a bit.

Last edited by The Eggplant on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
lastman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Dood and Rich rules.

All but Dood and Rich is a homosexual.

All.
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Efraim is so cute with his grammar Reply with quote

Dood's thumbs are my new heroes.
Dood (Super Anon Powers)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many pics there without the thumbs, I feel a little dissapointed...
CaptivatingAngel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psy & Mark are SO freakin' adorable. XO. I love you guys... you are an inspiration. Great pics!! Happy times... I was definitely there in spirit.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIKE NO ONE'S WATCHING. And that's all I have to say about that.

. . .

Okay, two-part message. In the first, well, The Eggplant gave us the invitation to "Share your stories if you have them too." I say we do one better.

After the November 2004 meet (DVD release party), I created an "Impressions/corrections" thread where I wrote how I felt about the people I met, ranging from impressions of people whom I hardly knew before to corrections of my old, mistaken impressions. Would you all care to join? In chronological order, such a thing "shares a story" anyway . . .

Zero and Zephie. Two of the first folks I met. For goodness sake . . . wow. Last time, it was "The Angels" ("Hey, have you met the Angels?" "Where are the Angels staying?"). This time, it was "The Z's." These are wonderful folks, with Zephie being just as endearing as I thought she would be, and Zero being twice as endearing. (Interpret that as you will.) For a while, as you will see when I start posting pictures, I was practically operating as their unofficial photographer. The Z's rule.

Dr Dood . I ran into him at the same time. He hadn't lost any of his charm since the November meet had passed, and I hadn't lost any of his spare change. And the funny thing is that the prior sentence actually makes sense.

The Eggplant. This chap is just fantastic. He was also my roommate, a combination of factors which meant that I never once had to reach through the bunk bed and strangle anybody. Although he wasn't doing any wall-running while I was watching, he was undeniably a master of bizarre acts of physics. (You will witness more when I get the videos posted). And for the personality? You know him on the forum. A friend.

~psy~ and Winston. They cropped up on my second day there and were as marvelous as always. Winston still looks great in his hats, while ~psy~ is still elegant in everything she does. Plus, they helped me buy some more Quejos while I was in town! Awesome! (Note to you two: interestingly, the Quejos survived being defrosted and refrozen and defrosted without any apparent ill effects. They are sturdier than we thought.)

Emperor Xan. Yeah. The Ogre always said that he (The Ogre) was a much nicer person face-to-face than online. I disagreed; The Ogre was lovable in both places. Emperor Xan, well, came across painfully online . . . but Xan, The Eggplant and I practically formed our own little group in the blink of an eye. It was fun, he was fun, what else can I say? The difficulty in communicating with him online is just in realizing that when he is presenting an argument against you in something . . . he can also be joking with you. Taking offense won't get you anywhere.

Syl. Huh, what? Did somebody come by?

Mindless. The lovable drunken Brit, sans drunken. As usual, a veritable fountain of cleverness and wisdom, all of which I have conveniently forgotten so that I don't have to tell you about it.

Saggio l'uno. He still looked dashing in that headgear.

Dark Star. She wore all the tight clothes so the rest of us didn't have to. Don't hurt me.

The huge range of people whom I got to meet at the party, some for the first time, some for the second time. Wow. You people are wonderful. gypsy, I keep on waiting to have you post more. Chrystal, you just plain rock and I will have that video of you up here soon somehow. Saints, you each rock in a different style representative of your physical manifestation on this plane. CotC, your calmness permeates all. Andrew's mom (Barbara?), you grill corn on the cob like it's no one's business. Zeek, I'm sure that your avatar will stop giving me seizures someday. McKinley . . . for now, I must pass. And you must check your e-mail.

And that's that. Next?

. . .

EDIT.

In order to prevent annoyance, I am saying goodbye to trying to fit all the images on Homestead. I am now using Photobucket and some space provided by P (thank you!). To find this stuff, check out my newer posts.

DOUBLE EDIT.

I have now deleted all my original temporarily-hosted pages in deference to the ones that Zephie is now more-permanently-hosting. So my newer posts won't do you much good. But Zephie's will.

--Rexfelum

Last edited by Rexfelum on Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Zephie & Notorious P.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooh... we love the new avatar Richard - is that you on infrared at Science World?

Thanks for posting the cool picys. I'm seriously freaked out at how much cuz'Eggy really DOES look like me. He looks even more like me than my real cousin!

Over to you Zep...

I think I love the tribute to the Dubbel Zout the best. And kudos to McKinley for the very charming shot she made of you at the party. I'm not entirely sure whether I should be very muchly amused or scared witless.

Also, I tried getting into that freakin' box at Science World - I couldn't do it! I was very sad. I pout.

Anyway, once I get back next week I'll start opening up some webspace - but the most I'll be able to offer is like 400MB maaaaybe. Which considering the amount of pictures/vids taken might not be enough. I'll still open a new gmail account that everyone can send their stuffs to though.

Anyhow, we're off again, so lots of love from Vanland and keep the goodies coming!
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Notorious P.S.Y. wrote:
Ooooooh... we love the new avatar Richard - is that you on infrared at Science World?

Yup! And Photoshopped a little, because the original had poor contrast and was missing one of my fingers. Apparently, pinky fingers exist at the ambient room temperature.

Zephie wrote:
I think I love the tribute to the Dubbel Zout the best. And kudos to McKinley for the very charming shot she made of you at the party. I'm not entirely sure whether I should be very muchly amused or scared witless.

Oh, take your pick. I still have many others left to share (the entire Zero-sushi encounter, the kite sequence, mall-goings (behind your back), et cetera), so I'm sure that they will cover whatever these pictures left out. Say, did you ever personally get to talk to McKinley? I know that Mindless did, and he survived.

Zephie wrote:
Anyway, once I get back next week I'll start opening up some webspace - but the most I'll be able to offer is like 400MB maaaaybe. Which considering the amount of pictures/vids taken might not be enough. I'll still open a new gmail account that everyone can send their stuffs to though.

Okay. Thinking.

My entire .avi collection takes up 174 MB. Removing four out of six Emperor Xan versus CotC films (the first two were the best, anyway) and the food-preparation ones from Legendary Noodles, it comes to 145 MB. I want to put all of this on the internet, but I don't want to completely hog your space if there is anything I can do about it, especially considering that . . .

My .jpg collection takes up 354 MB at 2272 x 1704 pixels in the original format. This is too big. The 36 pictures that I presented above total a cute 2.5 MB, but they are only 568 x 426. I feel that those dimensions are too small. (I mean, just look at how hard it is to see Mindless' face in that walk-on.) I could try shrinking things to 1136 x 852 and seeing what the space savings are, provided that people don't mind me taking days (and weeks) to find the spare time to resize (and caption) about a dozen per day. Ugh . . .

This is why major organizations just have their own servers and spend actual money. Efficiency. You wouldn't happen to have any recommendations, would you? Any programs that do resizing in batches, yet retain the stunning compression quality of Graphic Converter . . . ?

Well, I hope that people are enjoying the photographic (and video) silliness so far! There is much more to come . . .

--Rexfelum
Reverie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh. Thanks a lot. Now I'm jealous because I wasn't able to show up.

Oh well. Next time whenever that is. Come hell or high water!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zeek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so totally need to get to the photolab and get my prints done, grrrrrrrrrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: