Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BS Fan Meet ? July 2005 ? Pics & Vids (not 56k friendly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome photos, Richard. That Science World infrared pic is cool.

Seeing those pictures of me and psy is weirding me out. Richard said we have the same smile too. It's strange because everytime psy calls me "Eggy" I really do feel like her little cousin, like it's natural the way she says it.

I love the Tom and Jules and the bottle pic. That's so funny.

And me trying to explain "upstate New York" -- fun....

And those Zero sushi pics, those will be fun to see.

Definitely lots of fun.

And those bizarre acts of physics... I'm not sure what Richard is talking about (since I don't really remember doing any bizarre acts of physics). I guess I'll have to wait for the videos. I wonder if he got my Matrix thing with me making heartbeat noises...

And Richard, if there's ever a time when we all get together again, we're going to make you do "Instanbul (Not Constantinople)" for karaoke.

By the way, I'm still stuck in Vancouver time. My sleep hasn't shifted back to the East Coast yet.
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, here's the video of Brooke trying the candy that Zephie brought over.

Brooke (DivX)
Brooke (WMV)
Scapes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I envy you all in your ability to have attended this meet. Grr. Come to Miami next time or I shall slay a deity (but not Christ, Mel Gibson tells me I already did him once).

MORE PICTURES. Need to pretend I had as much fun as you guys clearly did.
-- Scaper-X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eggplant wrote:
And those Zero sushi pics, those will be fun to see.

Complete with video!

In any case, is anyone having difficulty seeing my images? The Eggplant said that there had been a problem.

And, in the same private message, he also suggested that Photoshop did batch resizing. Is there anyone technically-minded and artistically-bent who could come by this thread and let me know? If I can plow through the things easily, then I could just put up some poor, small versions for everyone to examine and see if they would like to request full versions. There's really not much I can do to the videos, though--the images are small enough as they are, and I hate ones that compress much further.

--Rexfelum
Scapes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
In any case, is anyone having difficulty seeing my images? The Eggplant said that there had been a problem.

Actually, yes. Your image links are appearing as broken for me.

Whether they actually are or not, I know not.
-- Scaper-X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard's images are fine for me. And they're awesome, thanks for taking / posting them!

EDIT: Right after posting this, they went down from bandwidth being exceeded. Richard, I think you can fix this by using photobucket.com to host images, I think they are much more relaxed about bandwidth issues

And yeah, photoshop will do batch resizing. Not used it for a while so don't know if theres a better way but if you record yourself resizing / compressing / saving an image and then closing it, then open a bunch of images to resize and keep running the macro, it'll easily run through them all. Theres probably a better way though... I'm not photoshop expert.

And as for the videos, have you thought about re-encoding them richard? Using a new codec like Divx or something might well divide the filesize by 10 if they're currently uncompressed...
Scapes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, I can see the pictures now. ...and now I feel badly all over again for not being able to attend. *pout*

In addition, I feel quite stupid. I have only /just/ realized that "You Can Not Hurt Us" is no longer the only forum section and that it was instead just the rants section. I was wondering why people were being so quiet.
-- Scaper-X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindless wrote:
Richard's images are fine for me. And they're awesome, thanks for taking / posting them!

EDIT: Right after posting this, they went down from bandwidth being exceeded. Richard, I think you can fix this by using photobucket.com to host images, I think they are much more relaxed about bandwidth issues

. . .

And as for the videos, have you thought about re-encoding them richard? Using a new codec like Divx or something might well divide the filesize by 10 if they're currently uncompressed

Okay, that is actually the first time I have had any bandwidth issues. Shouldn't surprise me, though.

Regardless, I now have some options. The Eggplant gave me a long list of possible sites where I could host images. He also gave me a place to look for the "batch processing" option. I will try to work this out over the coming days.

P, on the other hand, gave me a very generous offer when it comes to hosting videos. Now all I need to do is "get an FTP client" and I can start putting things up. Any suggestions for a client?

When this is all settled, then I will try putting up images and videos in themed batches, as I said I would. I have to create captions for the ones that aren't self-explanatory, though. (I have some silly ideas for captions.)

--Rexfelum
Mindless

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best free ftp client is probably SmartFTP. Let me know if you're having any trouble using it- shouldn't be too hard to firgure out though
Ange

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.putfile.com

Great for video needs.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batch processing is your new lord and master. Thank you.

--Rexfelum
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Free video and photo hosting Reply with quote

As long as you don't mind sharing your stuff with the world, OurMedia.org actually looks and sounds a lot better than all those other hosting services (among the just photos, just videos, and pay ones). And it's totally free.

So Richard, you may want to check that out.
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New video: Zephie playing "I'll Be" at the BS BBQ.

EDIT: Sorry, taking videos offline for a bit.

Last edited by The Eggplant on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eggplant wrote:
As long as you don't mind sharing your stuff with the world, OurMedia.org actually looks and sounds a lot better than all those other hosting services (among the just photos, just videos, and pay ones). And it's totally free.

So Richard, you may want to check that out.

I checked it out. Ew. To get in, I had to agree to receive e-mail from archive.org, of all places, with no visible way to opt out. I have now "published" my first piece of media, which apparently means that I will have to wait several hours while their system agrees to put it up. And they had been having problems recently with the fundamental functioning of said system. And all of this is on top of the fact that I spent a ridiculous amount of time filling out tons of fields to explain what the content of my image was. No, there isn't just one "tags" field: there is an "image type" field (with options like "artwork," "photo" et cetera); two different "keywords" fields where you can select one item from a list of pregenerated keywords and then type in any of your own in a different field; and then, in this strange "basic details" section where you fiddle around with copyright, there is an "images" field where you are to "check all categories that describe the subjects in the work."

This is terrible. I would like to upload my file now, please.

On to other websites.

--Rexfelum
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I suspect that you (Eggplant) are reading this right now, I will create this new post instead of editing the previous one.

I have gone through nearly every option so far suggested for hosting photos and have harsh criticisms for each. What I really want to do is just have more webspace to use as I see fit, because my needs could easily change. (By the same logic, I would prefer to edit HTML in Notepad than in any "helpful" editing program.) Unless a website blows me away with its convenience, it cannot top the appeal of absolute power. (Insert horrific and evil laughter here.)

P, incoming private message.

Unless I find something more convenient, I will simply wait for Zephie to have the time to help out. I need to spend a lot of effort on organizing things before they can be posted, anyway. (Pleasantly, my batch-processed .jpg images now only take up 19.6 MB.)

--Rexfelum
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
I have gone through nearly every option so far suggested for hosting photos and have harsh criticisms for each.

Yeah, I understand how you feel. Icky poo.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. New attempt.

I am now using Photobucket and some space provided by P (thank you!). I have placed an HTML page back on my original hosting at Homestead which is basically a photo album. (No, I am not satisfied with how Photobucket does their stuff.) If you want to see what I have whipped up, then go here:

Batch 1: Arrival. (Cue image of Shandala in plant-related torment.)

I really, really hope that this page shows up for you folks, instead of it suffering the wrath of Homestead's bandwidth limitations. (It's tiny--there should be no problem.)

Now, I have 1500 MB of bandwidth from Photobucket per month, so all this image-sharing will go down the drain once that is used up. Please check out my page once and then, I dunno, work offline if you want to go back or something. (And let me know if there are any errors in that thing: it is my first autonomous web page creation.) By the time it does crash, mayhap Zephie will be around and able to host the images more permanently.

Fun!

I will create more batches as I have time. Next up: Science World . . .

EDIT.

As you may note from clicking on these links, they no longer go to anything. They were temporarily hosted while waiting for Zephie. Since she has worked her magic, go check out her post for the goodies.

--Rexfelum

Last edited by Rexfelum on Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Adhesive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StellarVisions

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, after seeing the pics and vids you guys have posted, it makes me wish I could take the time off & come to Canada for this. One of the years man...one of these years....

This Forum needs more CatBread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kiretsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caption contest? Ok.

Richard: You can take the red Pill or... The Red Pill.
Ogre: Uhhhh... Blue Drinks?

My quandaries make my head spin and my tummy growl.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

Live every week like it's Shark Week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: