Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tobias tinker on Weed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tobias

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: tobias tinker on Weed! Reply with quote

Hey all. I am feeling truly shameless today, so in addition to putting this on the blog, I'm posting it here too as I'm not sure how many people look at the blog these days. Apologies for redundancy.

Anyway hereís the deal. I have found what may just be the smartest and coolest way yet to share and promote music files online. Itís called Weedshare and hereís the trick: itís a way for you to legally download full-length, hi-res tracks, listen to them three times for free, pay for unlimited use if you like them, and GET PAID FOR SHARING THEM WITH OTHERS! Too good to be true, you say? Not so! Check out details of the system on the Weedshare FAQ: http://www.weedshare.com/help/

Personally I think itís quite brilliant. The artist always gets 50%, the rest is shared amongst the distribution chain - which includes listeners and enthusiasts, i.e. YOU! Nothing short of revolutionary.

Naturally, I have set up all four volumes of the Broken Saints Soundtrack series as Weed-enabled files, and I am hereby actively encouraging all and sundry to download these files, listen to and enjoy them if you havenít got the soundtrack discs already, and above all: post them anywhere you like, get them onto the file-sharing networks, put them on CDs (as files) and give or send them to people you think might like them - and if the good karma of spreading the word isnít enough for you, hopefully the financial incentive will beÖ

here they be:
http://subtlearts.com/weedshare_index.html

I have also posted my Solo Piano Works (excerpts) album, so those of you who have been waiting for some way to hear some of the Broken Saints Concert material can now do so in good conscience:
http://subtlearts.com/solopiano_index.html

Two quick notes: First, Mac support is not in place yet (sorry) but is supposedly coming soon; second, before you askÖ Quentin Greyís tracks have my name in the license dialog, apparently nothing can be done about this, itís how the revenues are tracked. Have no fear, I am in no way trying to take credit for his excellent work (I went to great lengths to make sure the file ID tags are correct), but to publicize it - and of course I will be paying him his share of proceeds as with the soundtrack CDs.

There has never been a better way to spread the word, I hope some of you jump onboard! Let me know what you think...
TClaymore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...You know, this post was 50-75% less funny than I thought it would be.

"No matter where you go, people are connected."
-Lain Iwakura
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jacob Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with you there.

Weedshare? Have to check that out.
Samael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever listened to Tobias Tinker...on weed?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tobias

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TClaymore wrote:
...You know, this post was 50-75% less funny than I thought it would be.

... hmm. Low expectations?
Sam wrote:
Have you ever listened to Tobias Tinker...on weed?

... well, I certainly have. in all possible senses of the word.
Damion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a nicely deciving subject line.

Not that I knew what to expect. Though it's more of a intresting post then expected. as cool as it would have been to hear first hand what Tobias Feels when listening to his own music on weed! this is just as good if not better. I'll be checking this out.

thanks Tobias I've always loved your music.
Matthew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated earlier... i need to buy every single track on that list.

hell, i have five free songs to choose from and "lucid" was the only one i got, im having the hardest decision ever picking any others.

oh, and i got QG's pollution...because im obsessed with it.
Adhesive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool !

but like the rest I'm disapointed, cause I brought Brownies!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tobias

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adhesive wrote:
Very cool !

but like the rest I'm disapointed, cause I brought Brownies!

... well, at least your moniker doesn't reflect your preferred poison then! Brownies I can get behind...
Bearses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll end up setting an account up there for my music... one day, when I'm not feeling so lazy... er I mean tired from work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: