Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*READ* Stuff about member picys thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which option sounds better?
Option 1
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Option 2
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Other (please Replie as to what you have in mind)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Damion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: *READ* Stuff about member picys thread. Reply with quote

I've been kinda at a lawl with the thread. I've been mulling over what I'm going to do and I've noticed that even with my new mod powers that the old thread may not be enough.

So we have two options

Option 1

we could make a new thread of member picys. with all the old picys intac. just made anew.

Con: theres twenty-six pages of posts and pictures. I don't want to lose that. Lots of work and time.

Option 2

We could keep the old one and I edit the hell out of it.

Con: Just from the looks of things I may need a few posts after the first one for space (and future space) because we have alot of pics and there is a space limit on posts. Which means I would have to ask the next member to give up that post for space (which as of right now is gups then Reverie then TClaymore) and it's still alot of work and time.

Honestly, I like option 2 better. But I want to pass it along to you guys first. The only problem I forsee is if and when I do need to edit a members post for room that the member is less then happy about it and refuses.

Let me know what you think or if you have a possiable solution. I know it may not seem that big a deal. But I want to be sure everyone that can be happy with it, is happy with it.
Mooshou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay D man here's how I see it: Don't get rid of it. Keep the thread and just instead of "editing" it... (cause I'm against editing of threads unless it's seriously the removal of real spam.. REAL spam)... just update the piccys part if there's new members. And for the other members that already have pics in the list: Just ask them if they'd like any of their old ones replaced OR updated, etc....
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooshou wrote:
Okay D man here's how I see it: Don't get rid of it. Keep the thread and just instead of "editing" it... (cause I'm against editing of threads unless it's seriously the removal of real spam.. REAL spam)... just update the piccys part if there's new members. And for the other members that already have pics in the list: Just ask them if they'd like any of their old ones replaced OR updated, etc....

Well, I think part of what you're saying is what he was already proposing. He's saying he could "update the piccys part" (i.e. the very first post) when there is a need for new pictures. I'm not actually sure what other type of "editing" there could be, so yeah.

Personally, I don't know what to do. It occurs to me that a completely new thread could eventually run out of room for pictures in the first couple posts, so even then you could wind up asking the subsequent posters if you could "take over" their posts. It might be sanest just to take the thread as it is, edit the first posts like mad, and say that it's as good as it's going to get.

--Rexfelum
Vertigo21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say option 1. And keep the old thread around for old time's sake?
Damion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw man,

am I not being clear again? I'm sorry guys. I sometimes type something out as I'm thinking it. so it does come out weird. I'll try to clarifie.

option one would leave us with a new thread. At which point I would make five posts after the first one for future room. but we would eventully lose the old member picys thread to Brooks "trimmings"

Option two would keep the old thread and I would just edit Joshs (with his consent mind you) post and once I did run out of room. I would get permission from gups to use her post and so on. My only concern is that I would run into a member that has posted in the thread but either dosen't consent or dosen't frequent the forum enough to see my pm.

I hope thats better.
Mooshou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww D... whatever happens, I just wish the old thread remains. And what I was thinking was that just the newbies pics (pending their approval) be added.
Zephie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't want to see the old thread gone, either. I mean, we've kind of lost a lot over the last year already, ya know? And I don't think the space issue will come up very soon (and maybe you could ask Gups her permission already, just to be safe for the coming while, in case she does go AWOL with work and life and all).

So, yeah. A vote for option 2 it is.
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what about a 3rd option: We setup an actual web gallery online somewhere?

-Davey Crockett
Damion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero (The Anon One) wrote:
Well, what about a 3rd option: We setup an actual web gallery online somewhere?

Isn't that what we have with Evilsponge? in fact it's pretty good.

The thread is so Members new and old can share there pics and we can just place the quickly in the main post (I think Senor Evilsponge comes in once in awhile to update his own link)

here it is

http://www.evilsponge.com/bscollage/collage2.html

he offered early on to let me handle it but at that time I had no idea what to do with an FTP.

But I've got older and wiser now maybe I should PM him and ask for the Limited account again.
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, yeah, we could use my site again. Depending on space of all the pics, we could have 'em all on there. Or our faves, or something. Perhaps I'll post later when the thinking is more on par with...stuff...and...thinking...
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what Sponge's hosting is like but if he's got PHP I could set up Gallery or Coppermine or something. That'd make posting all the photos a breeeeeze, baby.

-Davey Crockett
Zephie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to offer before, but gah, forgot - but if Sponge's hosting doesn't have PHP, we could always use WS space. I've got tons.
f-ram.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use my server. no problems. and i can set up a php gallaery easy giving all rigth and access to d

each memeber can have thier own pages that can be upload
it can be orginized in catagories (f/m old/current)
and the very famour general page that can be orginized by alphabet or importance.

im in the country now, but ill be pmin you by friday with details on how to log and rape my band width
Guppy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta think on it... do I sense a new collagey in the works???? Hmm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: