Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Santa's little helper? (YouTube request)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHIT...

I changed the channel status to Director...

It said I was accepted...

I uploaded Chapter 7 and 8 Act 2...

And they were REJECTED for length!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

THIS is why I have no patience for this shit

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ashton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo!

Here's the poop from the troubleshooting section on their site:

"You can no longer upload videos longer than ten minutes regardless of what type of account you have. Users who had previously been allowed to upload longer content still retain this ability, so you may occasionally see videos that are longer than ten minutes. You can, however, easily change your account type to Director, Comedian, Musician, or Guru, which offer a variety of other features like the ability to add a custom logo, tour date information, and links to other websites."

Looks like it's back to plan A. Guys/Gals, please send me timecodes if you have the time to go through the episodes and find some good cut points. I'll keep you updated on what has/hasn't been done so that nobody wastes their time.
Zeek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:/ laaaaaaaame. Cheap google billionaire bastards.
bs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Leeseepoo,

If you had the time, could you go through the acts/parts on a computer, note how long they are (which should be displayed within whatever software is running the DVD), and then focus on the ones over 10min?

Then, all you'd need to do would be to pick points within these longer parts/acts that made sense to split them at, and pass them on to Ashton. Whaddya say?
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ange

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I can do! I'm not going to be able to really do the ripping and such until I return to school after Christmas break, but in noting times, I can do it before the end of this week.

Anything else I can do?
bs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to rip anything, hon' - just note times that are best to split up larger acts (over 10min) into smaller scenes - and pass those times on to Ashton through PM. Sounds grooooooooovalicious!!!
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing to add as I cannot help at this time, but I just wanted to mention that I support the hardworking nose-to-the-grindstone souls who are struggling every day on this challenging all-American task which will bravely bring freedom in all its forms throughout . . .

I think I lost track of what I was saying.

--Rexfelum
Zeek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps another approach, YouTube's bigger brother video.google.com could be of service? It doesn't appear to have such time limits, and is a higher-quality service to boot. Just a thought. It does take longer to get the videos online, but that's not a huge deal, it usually doesn't take more than a day to get uploaded. I've seen videos of hour-or-two length on it..
bs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...but don't they frown upon series???

I'd rather Tube it - we're already on there, and more and more mobile devices are getting down with the YT
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
Ashton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this is a big deal on YouTube right now. The limit was extended to all accounts fairly recently, and many people are complaining. If you care about this sort of thing, you can submit a suggestion that they remove it by doing the following:

Help Center > (Choose any question) > At the bottom of the question, click "Contact Us" > Choose "I want to suggest a feature" > Choose "No" from the radio button, go down and select the "Upload videos longer than 10 minutes" checkbox, enter your e-mail and click "Submit"

Apparently this was done to stop people uploading copyrighted material (yeah, real smart... like people can't just split the file =P). Anyways, if the community has its way then it'll be lifted soon, but there's no word from YouTube on the matter.

Either way, I'm going to continue prepping the files for splitting and encoding. Let me know when we have some timecodes =)
bs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya hear that, L'Angie? It's all up to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
Ange

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up to chapter 8. I'm separating them into categories of

Chapter Minutes Seconds Where to split it at

Hopefully, I'm doing this right. If I'm not, tell me how retarded I am.

And don't worry, I'm actually watching them to make sure that the breaks aren't too harsh and sudden.

Edit: Okay, for some reason, disc 2 with chapters 9 through 15 isn't loading on my computer. If I don't manage to get those done, is there someone who can handle them? Disc 3 and 4 are working out fine, so I got those.

I'm handling just the chapters right now. As soon as I get those to you, Ashton, I'll get to working on the extras. Any particular ones you want, Brooke?
Ashton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm separating/encoding each chapter from the DVD right now, and I can start splitting them into YouTube-friendly files after that. This is the part that takes the longest (other than uploading), but I'll keep you guys updated.

FYI, I don't yet have timecodes for disc 2, so it's up for grabs if anyone feels like being helpful =). A big thanks to Ange for doing the other 3 discs!
Ashton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. First vid test is up. If this one's OK, let me know and I'll do the rest of them the same way.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4J8IdpUwyeI
bs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, Ashton!

As long as the break points are of that quality, we'll be rockin'

So feel free to start posting - just try to use the same naming conventions as the chapters already posted, as well as the same keywords.

Thanks so bloody much!!!!

xoxo

bb
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
Ashton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bs wrote:
just try to use the same naming conventions as the chapters already posted, as well as the same keywords.

I was going to suggest the same thing to you

It would probably be best if they are posted on the "brokensaint" YouTube account. If you'd like, I can upload them from here if you give me access, or I could put them all into a zip file for you to download, or I can just upload them to my account if you don't care what account they're on. Let me know =)
bs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what account they're on, as long as they're out there - consider this our official 'permission'

Endless appreciation, guys - best...digital...present...ever!!!

xoxo
BB
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
unavoidable

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bloody awesome - the chapters are going up!! w33t

so excited
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start putting the YouTube links in my Posted Items list on Facebook for the people who haven't seen it yet.

I would blog them, but I have about 4 people who read it and have already seen Broken Saints. Maybe those spiders that crawl my site would pick it up and spread it. More Google juice to you.

Ashton and Ange, I still have BS t-shirts from Comic-Con that I've never worn (since they are X-Large). You guys can have them if you want.
Ange

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm an x-small, sank joo Egg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: