Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken Saints Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxm_madman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Broken Saints Movie Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that over on FanEdit.org I'm working on a fan-edit of Broken Saints. What is a fan-edit? Well, it is when somebody who owns a DVD copy of a film/series/anything attempts to improve apon it by ripping it to their PC then editing it with Vegas and releasing it online for non-profit. It is legal AS LONG AS 1) the person who made it owns a copy of the TV show/film, 2) the person downloading the edit owns a copy of the TV show/film, and 3) the person who makes it does not make any profit off it.

Anyway, I'll be attempting to cut down the entire Broken Saints series into a 3-part trillogy of movies, each one running about 2 and a half hours long. Part I is complete and I was able to simplify the first 15 chapters from 4 hours 33 minutes down to 2 hours 33 minutes. Here are a list of cuts I have made:

Opening and closing credits removed for each chapter except the opening for the first chapter and the closing for Chapter 15 (around 32 minutes cut)
Short moments of silence are added between Chapters to set a darker mood (1/2 minutes added)
Only Rani and Shandala are introduced in the first chapter (9 minutes cut)
Chapter 5 has been placed after Chapter 1, so that each character is explored in a sort of order in a fair bit of depth
Chapter 6 Part I is placed after Chapter 3
Chapter 6 Part II is placed after Chapter 2
Chapter 6 Part III is placed after Chapter 4 and the shoreline talk is removed to speed up the pace and remove philisophical mumbo jumbo (5 minutes cut)
Chapter 7 is removed, as Raimi going nuts doesn't help the story (14 minutes cut)
Kami's section in Chapter 9 Act 1 is removed, as it is too comedic (4 minutes cut)
The conversation in Chapter 9 Act 2 just cuts straight to discussing Raimi's future at Biocom to keep the pace going, as again he rambles on (3 minutes cut)
Chapter 10 Act 1 is removed, as again it is too comedic (7 minutes cut)
Chapter 10 Act 2 first half is also removed for being too comedic, and even though some important things happen in this scene it is explained later what Raimi has done (6 minutes cut)
Chapter 11 is placed after Chapter 8, and the first half is removed as nothing is added to the story and Shandala's powers are shown later (7 minutes cut)
Chapter 12's opening removed to remove philisophical mumbo-jumbo (2 minutes cut)
Chapter 12 Act 2 is placed after Chapter 9 Act 1
Kami's section in Chapter 12 Act 3's is removed, as nothing is added to the story (4 minutes cut)
Chapter 13's opening is removed (4 minutes cut)
Chapter 14 Act 1 is removed, as only background info about Kami is given (8 minutes cut)
Chapter 14 Act 3 is removed, as simply character development happens (9 minutes cut)
Chapter 15 Act 1's opening is removed, as it is philisophical mumbo-jumbo (3 minutes cut)
Chapter 15 Act 2 is placed after Chapter 13
Chapter 15 Act 3 has a short section removed after the summary of what Raimi has done and before realising an EMP blast is about to hit them (2 minutes cut)
"End of Act I" from a previous chapter at the end instead of credits (10 seconds added)

I'll be uploading it shortly to an upload website as an AVI file, so tell me what you guys think of the idea and the list of cuts so far.

Last edited by oxm_madman on Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ravin_13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, if this is spam, its really good spam, advertising for something that actually the board will be inerested in! Sorry, we have had way too much spam recently, almost all new people are spam
We will remember them."
oxm_madman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, fair enough really but it's just that I've been spending an awful lot of time on this and I don't think it would get enough recognition from the FanEdit.org forums alone, so I thought I would post it here since it's safe to assume most of you would see this.

And if you wouldn't, how come? I'd appreciate constructive critisism.
tobias

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: jumbo mumbo Reply with quote

sounds like quite a project - i'd be interested in taking a look. I'm not sure what Brokensaints would look like with all the 'philosophical mumbo-jumbo' taken out; for many of us that was part of its charm... but who knows? maybe it could be morphed into a fast-paced thriller?

did you post your part 1? Can we take a look?
Darius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Saints: The Movie of the Flash

Interesting...

Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.
bs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this ever get posted???
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ravin_13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno, I've been looking around, but havn't found it
We will remember them."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: