Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stand Up For Your Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> You Cannot Hurt Us...for We Believe.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overpowerradio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Stand Up For Your Gold! Buy It. Don't Sell It. Reply with quote

I was suspicious as to why so many companies came out of the woodworks interested in buying gold, so I got trigger happy on Google to do some research, and all I can say is "We, the people, have been played."

Click Here to Listen
overpowerradio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. Due to my pot being reduced to SPAMM!!!! ...I have to come to give the forum the respect of a story behind the presentation, instead of an ad-line styled post that led to the link. Just know this was suggested. I may not have dared to revist this post, otherwise.

THE HISTORY: I was chillin at the home of a very good friend of mine, another DJ. Growing up, we all used to blaze trees, but at this time of my life I was done with it. The friendship was real, so I kept in touch with my friends and chilled with them as they smoked...Looking back, I was like the object that didn't belong in the picture.

This one particular day, as they drank their Heineken's and rolled up, I sat on the couch staring at a bible that was opened on the coffee table. I experience Godly signs (divine intervention) all the time, so I picked up the book looking for a guiding message. I read about half the page it was on, but the one thing that stuck out to me was, "Buy gold from me, don't sell it".

For a few years prior to that time and during, I was experiencing high volumes of creativity. I could create 4-5 beats a night that were all blazing and unique. All of them inspired by love (not money). Since I was about 4-5 years old, I felt like I was here to "save the world". If I were a character on Heroe's the plot would be to save the DJ. It's that serious! My musical gifts are divine and I felt my connection with the gift (in sharing it) was like the work of a minister. It should be for free to help others connect with the truth, righteous knowledge, soul, music!!! ...so as I read the line, "buy gold from me, don't sell it" ...I believed that it was relative to the creed I was living by, that I bought music, but created it without the intent of selling it, but to share it.

For years this scripture stuck out in my mind. Despite unemployment and being (as they say, "broke as a joke") without my own, beyond embarrasment ...I still held true to not selling my music.

Now in 2010, almost a decade after the bible experience, I've noticed an increase of gold commercials, so many entities advertising to "buy your gold". It's like TV spam, annoying!!! That's all I kept seeing, so I decided to research (on Google); Why are there were so many companies wanting to buy our gold? My search led to some great information and videos that explained it clearly. I then created a talk radio styled segment expounding on the concept that I found in a video, produced by The Real Weekly News, called Gold vs. USD.

Now, if I continue to write out the information that I researched, I think it would defeat the purpose of actually listening to it, but I will continue. I don't mind. I love to write....as you'll soon discover.

Otherwise, to listen to my report, you can go to my website OverpowerRadio.com to listen to my presentation, called "Stand Up For Your Gold"

I discovered the American people have been swindled out of silver and copper, that used to be the nature of our currency, when our currency was consistent with the gold standard. The governement was already issuing nickle-plated copper quarters to replace silver quarters, before we were taken off the gold standard. At whatever point in trasaction the American people were spending their silver and getting paper notes that would exchange (nickel plated copper) ....was a scam! Think about it. If you had a gold coin, and exchanged it for a gold-plated copper coin, wouldn't that mean that you got ripped off??? Well, the banks funneled silver from our possession and now the lower to middle class has none of it, except for their jewelry....and with the economy having people in such a financial bind (at no fault of their own) selling their jewelry seems like a good idea to make ends meet. These companies (asking to "buy your gold) are extracting gold from the lower to middle class. These ads aren't targeting the rich.

What will you do when you have no gold or silver, and the value of USD completely collapses? The dollar is only worth about 2 cents and is continuously rapidly declining. When the monetary system crashes, what will you have of worth? Nothing! It would make it real easy for someone to become a product of the system, dependent on a govt programs, rules/regulations/bills to be passed, instead of free and independent. You'd be a slave, and this time it's not about Black vs White. It's about rich vs poor.

BUY GOLD! DON'T SELL IT!

...This is the message I meant to convey. I apologize for not providing a quality post, prior.

Last edited by overpowerradio on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, watch Broken Saints! If all that stuff you just said is true, you are perfect for these forums! All of those different attitudes, opinions, and experiences sound just like the sorts of things that inspired Brooke (the writer of the series). I could count the number of times "gold" itself appears in the series on one hand (trust me: I just did), but in fact your points sound like ones that got into the actual story content.

Here, for anyone skimming this thread who doesn't feel like reading enough to reply, I will grab some key quotes:

overpowerradio wrote:
For years this scripture stuck out in my mind.

overpowerradio wrote:
I felt my connection with the gift (in sharing it) was like the work of a minister. It should be for free to help others connect with the truth, righteous knowledge, soul, music!!!

overpowerradio wrote:
You'd be a slave, and this time it's not about Black vs White. It's about rich vs poor.

Spirituality, depth, compassion, conspiracy theories. If that doesn't describe Brooke or Broken Saints, well, I don't know what to say.

(By the way: if you detect a mild jab in the form of the "conspiracy theories" part, don't forget to laugh at it.)

--Rexfelum
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
overpowerradio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. The words I write are true. I've only complete the 1st two chaptersof BS. The first episode, I was mostly entertained by the graphics and concept of a "flash comic". The 2nd episode, Cryptic, has me thirsty for more of the story line. When I get a good block of free time, I'm gonna watch more.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy. People often feel it takes a little while before they are really hooked. But once that happens, you can be sure you'll want to go back to these early Chapters later on and look for old insights to the story that you missed the first time.

--Rexfelum
bs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man - it'll speak to you.

Don't lose your spark - the Gold's on the Inside!

bb
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bs wrote:
Something, anything.

Oh, whew. I figured the thread was right up Brooke's alley, and I was hoping he would see this whenever he next happened to be on the forums.

You know, every now and then we need to inflate his ego. It helps him fit his wardrobe.

--Rexfelum
D3athP3nguin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted here in ages; I was pleasantly surprised to see this posting when I got here. Glad to see people paying attention to this sort of thing.

I would like to note that for those inclined to invest in such things, Silver is another alternative that is much more affordable than gold for the average Joe. If you want to go full bore in hedging yourself against hyperinflation though, you are better off owning the physical metal and not some ETF or other security. Gold and Silver exchange markets can be speculative and exaggerated as well.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You again?! I thought we took you out years ago!

. . .

(You even ordered the escargot!)

. . .

Right, welcome back.

--Rexfelum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> You Cannot Hurt Us...for We Believe. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: