Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genre, genre, genre
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> You Cannot Hurt Us...for We Believe.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex, it's not just the books. My mouth moves faster than my hands these days. I can explain a lot more in person than I can in a format that eventually leads to pain radiating into my neck and back.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well . . . ew to the pain. That sort of thing, as established, disturbs me greatly.

If you feel you have more stuff to say, then that could be cool. But if you're concerned that you absolutely have to talk with me in person in order to convince me of these things, don't worry about it: I really, really get the impression that I understand you. I have learned something here. What I have learned is one system of looking at literature, which I will store in my brain next to all the other systems.

I will use it as a tool as applicable. However, I will also discard it or minimize it when there are other avenues of approach that would be more enriching: a single classification scheme suffers at its end cases, but another scheme may thrive there and suffer elsewhere. This is even beyond questions of the level of analysis, i.e., "it all boils down to" is different from finding examples. And all these schemes and levels of analysis can coexist peacefully.

--Rexfelum
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't feel the need to convince you of my point of view. I do, however, have a lot to say on the subjects of sci-fi and fantasy given they're my genres of choice for my writing.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> You Cannot Hurt Us...for We Believe. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: