Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Four years ago today the world did not end
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
Now, any attitude I may have towards destruction on a global scale is another issue entirely, and I clearly do not discuss details of it (e.g., coordinates, launch codes) in public.

--Rexfelum

Poweroverwhelming doesn't count, Rex.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor Xan wrote:
Poweroverwhelming doesn't count, Rex.

Yeah, well, I was never very good with Archons. Going down that road requires you to think about Templar tactics AND Archon tactics, which is a sort of multi-layered way to devote resources.

I mean, I'm still thinking about "Hmm, this counters that," and Templars/Archons require "Hmm, this counters that AND leads me into a situation where I may or may not use this next-level counter for that OR may never be used at that level BUT I CANNOT use the next-level counter early for what I need to counter right now so I may not even start the sequence in the first place because I'll be dead soon."

Suggestions?

--Rexfelum
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
Suggestions?

--Rexfelum

Never fight a land war in Asia.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor Xan wrote:
Never fight a land war in Asia.

Thanks, but I already knew that one. However, aside from it being a silly quote, do you have any idea if it is referencing a specific "Asian war"? The closest I can figure is waging war on Russia in winter (which you shouldn't do), and most people who think "Asia" don't necessarily think "Russia" anyway. Asia is big.

--Rexfelum
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afghanistan.

Rexfelum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you being humorous (and relevant to contemporary world issues), or is that actually the answer (for the Princess Bride quote)? See, I'm totally serious about wanting to understand that quote. It's amusing but kinda meaningless without context.

--Rexfelum
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it sad that it took spambots to bring this topic back up. I mean, we came a mere rounding error away from the world ending a few weeks ago and none of us have talked about it. For shame, us.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't quite have the story. We were told that the failure-to-rapture back in the last millennium was due to a mathematical error. This time, we were told that Jesus did appear on Earth, and we were in fact judged. We just didn't see this spiritual event. The physical resolution will be happening in the Fall.

Meanwhile, all the peoples of the world who have never heard and never will hear of Jesus go on with their life.

--Rexfelum
Reverie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Christ I missed you guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? What did we do?

. . . Can we trademark, package, and sell it?

--Rexfelum
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
No, you don't quite have the story. We were told that the failure-to-rapture back in the last millennium was due to a mathematical error. This time, we were told that Jesus did appear on Earth, and we were in fact judged. We just didn't see this spiritual event. The physical resolution will be happening in the Fall.

Meanwhile, all the peoples of the world who have never heard and never will hear of Jesus go on with their life.

--Rexfelum

Yeah, I don't buy that. See, here's what I think happened:

The Rapture is when the worthy are ascended to Heaven, yes? Since we knew this was going to happen, the worthy felt secure in their knowledge that they would be chosen and were rather proud of that fact.

Pride, as you know, is a sin. Thus, any who should have ascended did not because they deworthyed themselves by falling to one of the deadly sins. So the Rapture happened, it's just that the only ones chosen are the ones that live on tiny islands that didn't know this was coming.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Sponge wrote:
So the Rapture happened, it's just that the only ones chosen are the ones that live on tiny islands that didn't know this was coming.

Did you hear the worrisome theory that Randy Savage was the only person to be saved?

I'm not too fond of ideas that depend on the deceased for humor, but the whole "Rapture prediction" thing is a big death-joke anyway, so it's not surprising that other people would do this.

--Rexfelum
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camping had a stroke on 6/10/11.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: