Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10th Anniversary of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathJester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: 10th Anniversary of Reply with quote

I saw the mention of the 10th anniversary of Broken Saints over on facebook, but here should be the discussion of such things!

BROOKE! WHAT SECRETS ARE YOU STILL HIDING FROM US AFTER THESE 10 LONG YEARS!
Guppy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dig deep brooke, .
Reverie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, did you just say 10th?!

Jesus... Where has the time gone.

Addendum: Also, is there a group or something for BS on Facebook? Just curious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lights!

LIGHTS!
Reverie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eggplant wrote:
Lights!

LIGHTS!

Motherfucker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didja get the newsletter?

(Is the newsletter on Facebook?)

Whatever, here you go.

Broken Saints 10th Anniversary Newsletter!!! wrote:
In this 10th Anniversary Edition of the Saintly Scribe:

- looking back on a motion comic legacy!!!
- Saints a' popping on social media!!!
- what the crew's been up to!!!

On January 17th, 2001, we launched our humble experiment to an unsuspecting online world. We couldn't have imagined that 10 years later, our little project would've had such a lasting impact. Not only was BS considered a revolution in digital storytelling - one that reached beyond the web to TV sets and DVD players around the world - but the saintly style also gave birth to an entirely new narrative medium: MOTION COMICS!

And to this day, we still receive inspiring messages from the quiet corners of the globe - through email, the BS Facebook Group, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - assuring us that the legacy lives on.

So we wanted to take a moment to fill you in on what we've been up to, and to wholeheartedly THANK YOU for the continued support over the last decade - we couldn't have done it without you!!!

http://www.brokensaints.com - the Original Motion Comic Epic is still alive and thriving! Drop on by to revisit the original Flash site where it all began, or take a quick trip to our lively FACEBOOK GROUP (the easiest way to get in touch these days)! Brooke's Twitter and YouTube links will keep you up to date on the latest and greatest too...with the occasional oldschool rant thrown in at no extra charge! Click on through, spread the good word, and don't be a stranger =)))

http://www.thesequencegroup.com - in the years A.S. (After Saints), Ian has gone on to launch an incredibly successful foray into post-production, motion graphics, and animation dubbed The Sequence Group. Drop by the site to see what he - along with BS artist extraordinaire Andrew! - have done to take Motion Comics to brave new heights!!! I Am Legend! Batman: Black and White! Jonah Hex! Inception! Mortal Kombat! And so much more to come!!!

http://www.brookeburgess.com - drop by Brooke's blog to see what's brewing on the storytelling front-lines! It's THE place to get the juicy scoop on his new graphic novel (premiering in less than 2 weeks at Comicon!), feature film developments (a teen sci-fi AND a romantic drama!), and some fun animation and gaming projects. Be sure to SUBSCRIBE for the latest and greatest!!!

http://tobiastinker.com - BS composer (and prolific multi-platform creator in his own right) Tobias Tinker has lots of tasty new tunes and fresh projects in the works, an inspiring blog on the creative process, and a hot Tumblr page with regular musical meditations in the saintly vein. If you've been missing that sonic sweet spot in your hectic cyber-life, this is just what the ear-doctor ordered!!!

All for now, dear saints - may you be blessed and inspired in the days ahead - and if the gods are kind (and the world's still spinning after December next year ;)), perhaps we'll have something EXTRA special to celebrate for the 10th Anniversary of the series conclusion in 2013!!!

Peace

The BS Crew

Yah.

--Rexfelum
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get the newsletter. I guess it may have to do with my e-mail address.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reverie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I got it! It was such a pleasant little surprise to my inbox~

I... also feel like such a dumbass, because I still can't seem to find the BS FaceBook Group... How do I shot FaceBook?
Guppy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverie wrote:
Oh yeah, I got it! It was such a pleasant little surprise to my inbox~

I... also feel like such a dumbass, because I still can't seem to find the BS FaceBook Group... How do I shot FaceBook?

Linky
tobias

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Nice to see the place again.

Since I'm too disorganized to have put it on my homepage yet, the musical blog type project that Brooke mentioned is at:

http://soundfascination.com

Hope everyone's doing great, more soon!...
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobias wrote:
http://soundfascination.com

tobias! You remember your password!

(Yes, this is worthy of shouting.)

We've been trying to adore your musical creations, you know. Like over here, where I posted this link:

http://soundfascination.posterous.com/

And I was wondering about this. Both your link and my link will get a viewer to the content, but they involve different site layouts. What gives, man?

--Rexfelum
tobias

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ach, you guys are too good to me!

Yeah, I know, I don't always make myself easy to love, or even find, but sometimes when it rains it pours. It's been a strange few years but I'm in a nice productive groove and trying as hard as I can to stay there. Might even get a bit more Symmetricity done before the grey hair takes over completely. I kind of bit off more than I could chew there, life being what it is. I might just whittle it down to the novel for now and at least get a few more chapters up there, see if the momentum can be spread around a bit without dissipating completely.

Why do I have so many sites for the Sound Fascination project? Good question. I started the project below the radar, just wanted to make some content and not overthink it or get too lost in presentation, trying not to repeat the mistake of Symmetricity maybe. But I couldn't decide between Tumblr and Posterous, and since it takes about 10 seconds to post on either I just decided to do both. Then as the project began to take shape and I realized I thought it was worth getting behind I bought the domain and set up the native blog. But hey, it still only takes 10 seconds to syndicate it on Tumblr and Posterous. I've no idea if this is smart or dumb on an SEO level (I'm guessing it's at best irrelevant) but I don't really care.

So I guess just think of it as a variety of 'looks', you can choose the flavour you like best, or just go straight to the Bandcamp page, or listen to the embedded player on FB (you don't even have to be on FB yourself, it's here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sound-Fascination/128164930596968)

Enjoy. I'm going to go make another track now...
Reverie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guppy wrote:
Linky

Oh ho! Yoink'd and joined!

Also good to see you back, Tobias! I'm listening to some of your stuff that's streamed on your blog right now. Very beautiful stuff.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverie wrote:
Also good to see you back, Tobias! I'm listening to some of your stuff that's streamed on your blog right now. Very beautiful stuff.

I would be listening, but my computer is still in the shop. Well, I suppose I can't complain about a "backlog" playlist waiting for me to enjoy it upon the technology's return.

Well, sure I can complain. But not about the music.

Also, I quite like the photo selection with the pieces. Very nice.

--Rexfelum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: