Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peak Oil Theory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearses

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Peak Oil Theory Reply with quote

Quickly! Someone argue with me about peak oil. I wish to spar.

if you are unfamiliar with peak oil, skim this website:
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

DISCUSS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But . . . but . . . but what if I don't wanna?!?!

But also, I don't have much of anything I could say. I figure we are dead meat; however, even though I have a copy of someone's book on the matter, I have yet to read it. You could say that I'm not going to overreact and drop everything in response to this news; or you could say I'm a fool helping doom us all. Me, I'd say I'm living life in a moderately-sane way, trying not to contribute too badly to any problem, whether it's a proven problem or not.

But also, this.

--Rexfelum

P.S.: But at least, now that I have replied, I'm less likely to accidentally delete this thread due to spam-like appearance (having zero replies).

P.P.S.: But it could also help if you deleted your lingering post in that twerp's otherwise-deleted thread.
Crackerfats

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about peak water? That is a fairly scary concept as well.
Melichoir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peak oil is a farce because supply and demand are entirely created by the consumers. As we can already see presently as supply appears to diminish, whether it does or doesn't people will begin to panic and wail and moan. But really some smart people will identify a new need and develop another method of solving the same problem. The problem has been solved in the past numerous times it was just never able to be a viable alternative economically due to the well know history of the oil industry (think Rockefeller anti-competitive pricing). The original ICE engine used Kerosene which at that time was a waste product, shit gasoline was a "waste product" during the early years of oil refining, gosh they sure found a good way to get rid of it eh? The first Diesel engine ran on peanut oil. The reality is there is going to be some hiccups during the transition to whichever next technology comes out on top, but hey whatever. A few people will still get rich, most of us will keep getting poorer the world will still turn and ultimately who cares? Besides who knows maybe the next thing will be more environmentally friendly by nature? Though I doubt it personally, there's always a cost. I would point out that Bio fuels that use food crops are not the answer. So you can't really take Brasil as being a model for the future.

Grave digging kinda but it was still at the bottom of the first page and I don't think anyone had argued with him satisfactorily yet.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh! Thinky thoughts!

I encourage thinking. Do you have any good links about the history of oil production? Remember, Wikipedia is dirty and should not be left out unsupervised.

--Rexfelum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: