Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are you now?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Where are you now? Reply with quote

What a trip.

I haven't logged in in probably at least two years, I somehow totally forgot about BS. I can't believe I remembered my username/password after all this time. I'll probably forget to check on this, and I can see that there will be a very limited cross-section to even see this thread (let alone answer it) but I'd be interested in seeing what everyone's done with their lives - after all, we're quite the eclectic bunch.

I've done quite a bit of growing up. At 25(I'm now 26) I decided to get my shit together and go to school. I'm on track to become an accountant, and I'm on the dean's list so I'm doing pretty good all things considered. I've stopped doing drugs(outside of music festivals), and I'm devoting all of my efforts to getting through school as soon as possible so I can start my career and marry the woman I love (she's in school too, to be a nurse).

What about you?

Also, I invite anybody who would like to to add me on FB. the.sam.perkins is my URL extension.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ravin_13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! I just finished school again, about two years ago. I've been working steady since then, and saving up for a house(damn expensive up here) I've slowed down on a lot of things, but sped up on others. We'll see where it all ends up
We will remember them."
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, let's see . . .

Well, in the interim I've struck upon this weird question of online usernames. I have multiple ones in different places, some more "public" than others, i.e., some with my real identity attached.

By now, how much have I attached to "Rexfelum"? I can't even say anymore. Granted, any weirdo trying to dig out "SUPER PERSONAL SECRETS OF SHAME" would have a difficult time finding anything in old Broken Saints posts. (Yay, you've learned I hold a doctoral degree!)

But I guess the shortest version of a "life update" is this: I've done more stuff than I ever thought I'd do, not all of it terribly interesting. "Where I am now" may vary, as I've already lived in three out of four corners of this nation (and visited the fourth), and I'm only here now for work. Work that, I might add, may easily take me elsewhere again. Still doing new job applications.

I've also moved on to enjoying lots of other online projects and communities. Communities are awesome! Especially when not COMPLETELY infested by idiots.

And sometimes I have precious little time to devote to any of the above. Days really can be short. Ah, well. At least the cats are cute.

--Rexfelum
Reverie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how often it happens, I always seem to wind up crawling back to this place.

Things have been... all right, for better or worse? I'm engaged now to a beautiful lady, been trying to see if I can work out a full time writing gig after publishing my first novel.

You know, just skating by making ends meet.

No big d.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area working as a library assistant for Contra Costa County. I still write, when I can. My living situation makes things a bit difficult on that front.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spongey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even sure where I'm at anymore. I'm working for the same company I've been with for many years now, but the mental energy conducive to writing outside of there has withered to all but nothing. I'm considering moving south, but haven't decided what sort of job to look for down there yet.

On the plus side, I've conquered the drinking problem I had when last I frequented here. And eventually went back and finished getting my expensive piece of paper. Hurray for me!

And that's about it, sadly. Work, karaoke, and sleep have become my days.
Guppy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy everyone is doing well and that facebook has kept us some what connected.

I have done a lot in the past two years challenging myself ie skydiving, climbing down a waterfall, and realizing that getting out of the cubical barnyard once n awhile isn't so crazy.[/i]
Infinite Blue, Quack M.D.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year, y'all.

Thought I'd pop in after seeing the BS facebook post with theories about what Raimi and Oran would be doing right now.

I'm really, really happy with my life right now, guys. Since the last time I've been active, I've had some real ups and downs, but right now I'm on a serious up. A few months ago, I started a job that I've absolutely fallen in love with, I spend most of my free time belly dancing at a local studio, and I've been romancing the same rad dude for 5 years now and we're still not sick of each other.

A pretty big chunk of the last few years sucked. I was officially diagnosed with chronic depression. I graduated from college with $15k in debt and moved to Madison, Wisconsin. I got a job in medical tech, but it was absolutely soul crushing. I was regularly having panic attacks from the stress of it, so I quit and wound up accumulating a few more grand in debt.

It's been totally worth it to leave, though, because I've found a career that I absolutely love. Now I'm a QA Tester at an educational video game company, and I work with some of the most interesting people I've ever met. I don't make much money, and are a lot of spreadsheets and repetitive tasks, but it's some of the most rewarding work I've ever done.

Ze sveedish chef: eenfuneet bluoo ees ell ebuoot keyewtneuoeuoeus BORK BORK BORK!!!
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Aside from all the bad parts. But seriously, getting involved in something creative that makes people happy is fantastic. If you've been seeing my wife's posts on Facebook, you know about my own efforts in that direction, and I'd love to get involved in even more.

Ah, but those job applications I mentioned above? Yeah, precious few of them have turned up any leads. So I'm plugging along with what I have and I continue to keep looking. Lemme know if your own company needs more people like you!

--Rexfelum
DeathJester

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the emoticons in my sig stopped dancing.
Jacob Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't change my profile picture, and I've lost a bunch of weight. I had my 10 year high school reunion this past fall and I weighed about 260lbs. My lowest weight in high school was about 290-300. I graduated at 350 and had topped out near 400.
Otherwise, still in Wisconsin. Still working a dead end job at OfficeMax, now part of Office Depot Incorporated, soon to be part of Staples.
Working on paying down the last of my debt. Got a new car. Working on my backlog of anime to watch. Probably gonna re-watch BS this year again.
I just noticed its been almost 10 years since I joined this forum. I just turned 29 two days ago, and thinking back to how I'm hardly the same person I was when I first came here. I'd say I've learned a lot and become a better person overall. I hope the next 10 years will be much the same. Continued learning, self improvement, and bettering the lives of others as much as I possibly can.
Oddly enough, I got the urge to come back here from a thread on 4chan of all places. Brought back the memories of college, gaiaonline, newgrounds and of course BS.
I have to say, I do appreciated everything I learned here. A lot of the topics I posted in were rather heated, but it managed to force me out of my comfort zone. I had to think more critically about things I had taken as fact from my upbringing. Debating over topics with people who had different viewpoints helped me to understand how small minded I was and to be more open to other opinions.
I'll probably drop in again, like I have in the past when I feel the itch. Until then, I wish you all the best in whatever life may throw your way.
DaRk_PyXiE_X

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hell hath frozen over when I decide to come home.
Moved. Moved again. 13 more times past this, here I am.
HAPPILY married,( he might even be crazier than I...)
Have a direction in my life (something sorely lacking in days and years and lives of lies past)
Happiness.
Contentment.
Bliss.

Don't drink or do drugs, don't hide from my life.

Stopped holding the world in contempt for being...

Any other BS ancient lurking in the shadows?
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, I remember posting here in response. Ah well. Technical difficulties, please stand by . . .

So I'm still here, though I suspect you are more "ancient" than I was, at least in the now-many-years-removed measure of people following Broken Saints. Yup.

Somewhat odd, one might say, the mix of places I check for updates and news. Not that I expect plenty to appear on this forum; just that I check it.

--Rexfelum
ravin_13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So new job, better growth than the last, but less flexibility. also the commute sucks, but better pay, so it all works out. Single again, but thats not anything to write home about
We will remember them."
Guppy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:

Somewhat odd, one might say, the mix of places I check for updates and news. Not that I expect plenty to appear on this forum; just that I check it.

--Rexfelum

Hello everyone,
I just peaked in to see if there was any flutter abouts Sense8 as there is in the Facebook group.

I am going to man up, get caffienated and stick it out for a few more episodes to get a good opinion,

night guys
Nick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Chiapas, sitting in a small, wooden chair at the hostel I'll be staying a few more nights at. In a few minutes, I'm going to go eat some pizza.

That answers your question, right?
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say mission accomplished.

--Rexfelum
Saggio l'uno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
I'd say mission accomplished.

--Rexfelum

Yes. Yes. Yes.
Saggio l'uno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently back in university, studying the dark arts of finance and the law. Since last posting here...I don't know, five years ago?, I finished my undergraduate degree, worked in professional politics for awhile, and found a fabulous partner.

I also moved across a continent, leaving the fabled Coast City behind for the great, big, populace interior.

It is all, in sum, a great big change.

The especially sad thing is that I can barely remember the names and details of some of the people who posted in this here thread. My memories of this place have already begun to fade, especially of its heyday 12 years ago. The benefit concerts, the trips, the forum drama, the relationships begun and ended here. I can only remember the bits and pieces. And this imperfect memorial only goes back so far -- and now, instead, possesses mere memories of memories.

That's a sad thing.
Couch Guy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even believe this place is still here....

In the LA area (yet again), being a dad, staying a little more grounded than I used to be. But, I must admit, I do miss it. We were amazing, weren't we?
'Flying Above Everything' - Armor For Sleep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: