Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this might sound stupid, but

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moono

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: this might sound stupid, but Reply with quote

but, in the very end does Kami die? i only ask as Oran survies with multiple stab wounds so i was unsure about Kami. as its not spoken, you just see Raimi looking at a photo of him at the same time as Shandala.

i would like him to still be alive, but obviously.....its not up to me,
Zenphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the general consensus is that he does in fact die. Though, if you believe he survived (maybe dig around for some evidence and share with us!), then you're probably not the only one in the We-Love-Kami-So-Much-That-He-Can't-Die boat.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy yourself here.

-Rickson Gracie
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or perhaps it's open to interpretation
The AIR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume he dies because, you remember that micro chip that was in Oran's hand. You know how it is the thing the satellites track to do that EP blast (or w/e it's called), well, in the last scene, you see Kami carrying Oran's hand up to the top to Shandala. Well, the satellite was tracking the hand at that moment and eventually firing, which was why Kami, Lear, and Shandala end up dead. And that's my little, quick synopsis. If you need me to explain furthermore, plz tell me.

-AIR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggy Chan wrote:
or perhaps it's open to interpretation

That's what I meant to say.

-Rickson Gracie
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AIR wrote:
well, in the last scene, you see Kami carrying Oran's hand up to the top to Shandala. Well, the satellite was tracking the hand

. . . Annnnnd with this one little segment, you trump a good chunk o' people who couldn't figure out why he was even carrying the hand. Kamimura is, of course, a "quick study."

(And Oran is wearing a sling made out of some of Kamimura's clothing in the final scene. Note the color.)

--Rexfelum
The AIR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
. . . Annnnnd with this one little segment, you trump a good chunk o' people who couldn't figure out why he was even carrying the hand. Kamimura is, of course, a "quick study."

.... I'm still trying to figure out why he carried the hand around like that.... Maybe the drugs made him delusional (from the syringe that Lear gave him) and made him grab onto a piece of man meat (rofl) because he was spazing inadvertently... who know's? If someone could shed some light on this **cough** bs **cough** plz do so.

-AIR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he probably heard the multiple squabbles of Raimi "I saved your EYE dammmit" and Oran "Yes and when I return your favor... I shall kick your ass"etc, and then when his mind became clear he figured that Oran was going to be made an example of because he is what Lear wants to wipe off from the world... so AHha... and knowing Raimi he would have caught him up to speed if not before the whole spiel in 22 to recap Gabe on how the saintly four came together... thats my thoughts. Also this whole time he really wasn't sure why he was here if you remember his flashbacks "this is not meant for you[me]"... which is the fact he is the torn character, he sacrifices himself in order to swipe his past attachments clean, why did he hold on to the box so long to save others he should have saved in the past... his loved ones or to be in deaths arms with them.. he held on to that guilt so long subconsciously he would have not attained nirvana without this moment.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AIR wrote:
Rexfelum wrote:

.... I'm still trying to figure out why he carried the hand around like that.... Maybe the drugs made him delusional

Delusional?

Ahermm . . .

You wrote:
you remember that micro chip that was in Oran's hand.

I wrote:
Kamimura is, of course, a "quick study."

You wrote:
you see Kami carrying Oran's hand up to the top to Shandala. Well, the satellite was tracking the hand at that moment

Do I have to make it more clear?

He mastered what a laptop computer is, from scratch, in a day. He'd been listening to chip-talk for multiple days. He knew full well what "the bad" was that was inside the hand.

--Rexfelum
moono

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
The AIR wrote:
well, in the last scene, you see Kami carrying Oran's hand up to the top to Shandala. Well, the satellite was tracking the hand

(And Oran is wearing a sling made out of some of Kamimura's clothing in the final scene. Note the color.)

--Rexfelum

you say he is wearing his clothes but surley a pulse that can completely turn people to dust (or what its offical name is) wouldn't the clothes go bye bye as well? or did i miss something there?
Zenphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moono wrote:
Rexfelum wrote:
The AIR wrote:

--Rexfelum

you say he is wearing his clothes but surley a pulse that can completely turn people to dust (or what its offical name is) wouldn't the clothes go bye bye as well? or did i miss something there?

Very interesting point.

-Rickson Gracie
Guppy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: My theory is back and better than ever they are all dead! Reply with quote

Thats why my idea is that they all returned to their own idea or image of paradise...mmhmm.
bs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

microwave pulses fry ORGANICS.

So unless his robe was made of fruit leather...

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Guppy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and then there is technicalities^^
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: YOUR theory? YOUR theory? You OWN it? Reply with quote

Actually, yeah, the only reason I mentioned that robe topic was because the crew themselves mentioned it on the DVD (the original release, at least), and it was relevant to this thread. I likewise suspect that all the main characters died at the end, so if you want to discuss the possibility of this "Oran Kamimura robe sling thing" theory, you actually gotta argue with Brooke's logic here.

--Rexfelum
Couch Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bs wrote:
microwave pulses fry ORGANICS.

So unless his robe was made of fruit leather...

b

Actually, just to argue, that's not exactly true. The microwave portion of an EMP reacts to water (actually, water reacts to it, but same thing), specifically salinated water, which is found in most organic materials. You know, like people.
As an added bonus, the short length of microwaves cause the tiny wiring of micro-circuitry (and, really, any metal) to act as an antenna, and if you remember your basic Radio Anatomy 101, that means current is generated across it's length. With sufficient current, it heats up and frys - destroying circuitry, melting metal, and causing anything its contacting that's flammable to flash fire.
So it doesn't just nuke organics, but we already knew that.

However, fruit leather is specifically dried, and although it does contain minute amounts of moisture, you could argue that if the cotton, wool, and animal leather worn by Kami doesn't contain enough moisture to heat to the point of combustion, then neither would fruit leather.
'Flying Above Everything' - Armor For Sleep
Vertigo21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they do go to "Heaven" afterwards, don't they?
Guppy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but what about sweaty armpits.. I dont think kami wears deodarant
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamimura's so cool he doesn't need deodorant.
Guppy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he was "fried"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: