Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sorry if this has been brought up before...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertigo21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Sorry if this has been brought up before... Reply with quote

Is this for real?

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/107730699469470.htm

Quote:
Brooke Burgess and the creators of this innovative online anime series have just signed a multi-year deal with Dark Horse Entertainment to develop Broken Saints on multiple fronts - including a live-action feature film.

Is this true? A live action feature film?

Sounds like a disaster.
Couch Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was true, three years ago.

No idea what the hell happened with all of that.
'Flying Above Everything' - Armor For Sleep
Zenphobia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my understanding that it's not at all uncommon for movie rights to be bought up as soon as a work shows any signs of being popular. The movie rights of any half decent novel have probably left the hands the author a loooong time ago.

It's also not uncommon for nothing to ever happen with the movie rights, by the way.

-Rickson Gracie
bs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I killed that deal back at Comicon in 2005 when I told Mike Richardson of Dark Horse that I just didn't trust them to push things forward properly. This was the same guy that said the first Matrix was too much 'thinking'...and his fav' was the LAST one

Yeah...that's why The Mask 2 did so well.

Working on developing a potential mini-series with some other partners right now...you'll be the first to know if anything bubbles up. But I'll be much more careful pursuing partnerships in the future.

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: