Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

biocomworldwide dot com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwacc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: biocomworldwide dot com Reply with quote

Hi all. I just finished chapter 24 for the first time (great job, guys!) and went to raimi's site to snoop around. Noticed biocomworldwide dot com doesn't lead to a website anymore. Did it get taken offline?

And, um... was there anything hidden on that server?

Thanks for a great experience. I wish there was lots more out there like BS.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwacc wrote:
Hi all. I just finished chapter 24 for the first time (great job, guys!) and went to raimi's site to snoop around. Noticed biocomworldwide dot com doesn't lead to a website anymore. Did it get taken offline?

Sadly, it died long ago. This bothers me, as the websites developed around the series during its original creation added quite a bit. For instance, all the discussion of Biocom history was up there on the Biocom site for you to read for yourself.

Which means that, when showing somebody the series for the first time on my own, I am forced to go back to my own copies of some things. Since few people were likely to be as clingy as me, I doubt many others get this benefit. Oh well.

dwacc wrote:
And, um... was there anything hidden on that server?

Which server? Raimi's or Biocom's? Both, of course.

Unless your "um..." was supposed to indicate "I found something hidden and it seems really weird to me so I'll post about it tentatively before I tell people what I've found." In which case, speak up, youngin'.

--Rexfelum
dwacc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was wondering if there was ever a site.

Rexfelum wrote:
Unless your "um..." was supposed to indicate "I found something hidden and it seems really weird to me so I'll post about it tentatively before I tell people what I've found." In which case, speak up, youngin'.

No, haven't found anything. I was just nerding out; I think I'm reading a little bit more into some things than brooke intended.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwacc wrote:
I was just nerding out; I think I'm reading a little bit more into some things than brooke intended.

Ha! Ah, to be so naive again. (This is me getting a little sniffly.)

But seriously, the man intended us to read so much more into things than the average human mind could hold. Or so he let us think. Thus leading one on an infinite loop of guessing and second-guessing, and the whole while Brooke would snicker to himself and make things more complicated for the next Chapter.

--Rexfelum
dwacc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. What I was doing was looking into the "truth" signal from chapter 24.

http://64.40.97.143/truth.htm

I wanted to see if there was anything more on either biocom's or raimi's servers. The scrolling code you see in the epilogue and on raimi's site, so my technologically knowledgeable friend tells me, doesn't contain actual data on what the signal contained, just timestamps and summaries.

I remember on one of the commentaries, brooke said that when it came to things like raimi's computer-screens, the goal was mainly to make it look as realistic as possible. Getting it 100% right probably wasn't a goal. But I thought it'd be fun if the logfile actually referenced data stored on a server, like a jpg or an mp3. oh well.

Incidentally, I could never seem to guess raimi's SSH password... What's his mother's maiden name?
Darius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been half a year since I last ran through BS, but I think it was Mary???
dwacc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darius wrote:
It's been half a year since I last ran through BS, but I think it was Mary???

Might be; must not be the password, though.

I'm not sure if maybe the whole account got disabled. On the old flash site, there's a "behind the scenes" flash app also looking like his SSH account. The username's "rmatthews" there too, and after much guessing, I got in using the password "illscopeares". However, that one didn't work on the real server using PuTTy.

(Putty download at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Raimi's server: 64.40.97.143
Username: rmatthews
Password: no frickin idea)
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! Wow, Brooke might be miffed at somebody trying to get into the real-world website, but he's got no right given the context. I'd say what you're doing has gotta be viewed as flattering. But I wouldn't expect to actually get into the site.

Look at his source code, though.

--Rexfelum
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. Did the source code eat dwacc? That's a new one on me.

--Rexfelum
Guppy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or he found that compromising photo of zero anf ranaway thinking we are sexual deviants.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO...priceless shit.

As for the BIOCOM info, you can find a rejiggered version of the original website on Disc 2 of the DVD set. I just couldn't let that stuff die, now could I?

Welcome aboard the SS Sainthood!

bb
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dwacc

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I actually found what I was looking for on the commentary track. As for that compromising photo, my therapist says I should put it out of my mind. Talk about eyes burning...
Broken Esper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: HTML fingers coming out of the ground Reply with quote

Does the Biocom website come with a Do-Not-Resucitate order?

Because I think I just violated it.

EDIT: Spellnig sckus!!

Nothing

But

Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: