Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playlist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearses

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Playlist Reply with quote

There was a similar -- possibly identical -- thread to this a while back, but for the life of me, I can't find it. So here's a new one.

Make a playlist of songs that have changed or influenced your life, who you are, or how feel. [strike]No maximum or minimum tracks[/strike]. Feel free to change or update it as you, yourself change.

No particular order, unless you want to. Links are optional, but nice. Explanations are nicer.

BEARSES' PLAYLIST
UPDATE: I made an actual youtube playlist, in case you actually want to listen to these. I highly reccomend it.

View playlist | Play all songs

River of Sorrow - Antony and the Johnsons
I first heard this song on the end of a Bones episode. Wow. Maybe it was because I watched it during a sensitive time in my life, but I'm not sure a song has ever hit me as hard as this one.

Ame - Back Horn
I was hesitant to include The Back Horn on this list. Even though they're my favorite band, they don't seems to hold up in terms of technical achievements compared to these other entries. Even so, no single band has had a larger impact on my life, and carried me through so much. This is my favorite song by them, and when the 4:10 mark hits, it always makes me want to jump up and sing along. I usually don't listen to this with people around for obvious reasons.

Map Of Your Head - Muse
One of the lesser known Muse tracks. I'm pretty sure it's a B-Side, but correct me if I'm wrong. Easily their best song, in my opinion, which is definitely saying something. No matter what mood I'm in, this song can always make me smile.

Kareha (The Autumn Leaves) - Shiina Ringo
K. So, Shiina Ringo is the multilingual King Midas of the music industry. That is, if King Midas was a female with a husky show-tunes singing voice. Seriously, everything that comes out with her name on it is utterly amazing. This song, for me at least, takes it up a notch from her usual impeccable standard. It's not just one thing, but everything about this song that makes this song awesome. A pleasant surprise, and my favorite cover of this classic tune.

Samson - Regina Spektor
I was moved to tears, listening to this song. What more can I say. Discovered Regina Spektor while listening to a Ben Folds song. But that's another story.

Sail Away - David Gray
This song takes me back to my childhood. Back when my parents used to blast Cat Stevens, Johnny Cash, Bob Marley, and -- yes -- David Gray. Although it makes me homesick, it is very influential in my life.

Creep - Radiohead
What can I say? It's creep. This song should be on everyone's playlist. :p
At 2:45 when he screams "RUN" ...I could just keep that segment on loop all day.

Make it Up - Joe Purdy
I had a hard time deciding between this one, and Can't Get It Right Today. Very close call, but this one won out in the end. Also discovered Mr. Purdy at a sensitive time in my life, and this song helped carry me through it.

I Crush Everything (Demo) - Jonathan Coulton
Also a song that helped carry me through a tough time. Was listening to Mr. Coulton, comedey-musician extraordinare, when this song came on. Wasn't expecting it at all, considering his usual fare, and I was taken aback. Listened to it for a couple of days, straight.

The Moments In Between - The Reign of Kindo
Just discovered TROK the other day, and I knew I had to include them on this list. They're kind of like Muse + Eric Hutchinson, with a little City and Colour mixed in for fun. Nice stuff.

Feeling Good - Michael Buble
I almost picked the Muse cover, over this one. But I felt weird having 2 of one artist on the list, and I also decided I like this one slightly better. I'm not a very big fan of Michael Buble, but this song is quite awesomesauce.

Blowers Daughter - Damien Rice
Here's another song my parents used to blast. If you think a slow song like this can't be "blasted," you've obviously never met my parents. I've never actually seen the movie, Closer. This song needs little explanation beyond listening to Damien's gentle but powerful voice.

Hallelujah - KD Lang
Oh look, here's another one from my parents. This is the best cover of this song ever. No room for argument, it just is. Makes me feel so nostalgic to listen to it.

Hurt - Johnny Cash
Have no qualms about choosing this over the Nine Inch Nails version. Nothing against them, this is just the one I heard first, and it will always be in my heart.

Dead Boy's Poem - Nightwish
I found this song -- once upon a time -- while searching for anime music videos on limewire. Wow, that brings back memories. Um. Yeah. It's awesome. Listen to it. If you dare. I like this song because it's the same type of song as the next two on my list. There aren't enough songs like that. I dub it epic rock.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Do I really need to explain this? It's epic rock.

Kurenai - X-Japan
Also epic rock. This time, in Japanese. If you listened to this, and the previous two tracks, and you're catching on to what I mean, and you know other songs like these, please do share.

Pretty - The Cranberries
A lesser played Cranberries song, as far as I'm aware of. It makes me happy.

The Girl - City and Colour
This is a sweet song. I almost picked Against The Grain, or Body In A Box, but this one had the biggest impact on me, I think. I like how it speeds up halfway through. xD

Where is My Mind - The Pixies
Believe it or not, I was a fan of this song before I even heard of Fight Club. Love the Pixies, and Frank Black (or Black Francis), and this song perfectly embodies all that they are. La La Love it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that Ben Folds song is "You Don't Know Me"? Oddly enough, I discovered him because that song had Regina Spektor in it.

Ze sveedish chef: eenfuneet bluoo ees ell ebuoot keyewtneuoeuoeus BORK BORK BORK!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: