Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help us find a CD?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroljoy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Help us find a CD? Reply with quote

Recently, Rexfelum and I saw Tron: Legacy, and having enjoyed the movie we've been wanting to buy the soundtrack. However, getting the full soundtrack is complicated.

It seems that the regular version available in the US is missing 5 tracks that are only available on a special 2 CD version that is only sold outside of the US. (There are also some tracks that are only available to purchase as downloads from several different websites, so getting the full soundtrack is quite a task.) I was going to order it from the Canadian or UK Amazon sites, but they seem to be out of them and don't know if they will get more. I can't seem to find any other websites selling this CD.

So, this is where those of you who live outside the US could help. Could you go check your local music store and see if they have a two disc Tron: Legacy soundtrack? Also, could you check your local version of iTunes and see if this version is available? If you do find it, please buy it and I will happily reimburse you for the cost of the CD plus shipping and be eternally grateful.

The version we're looking for should have a cover that looks like this:

It differs from other Tron: Legacy covers in that it says Special Edition.
Guppy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't you just get a torrent of it?
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually looking for the same copy. It looked like Worst Purchase had it on their online inventory, but I haven't looked lately.

Edit: Okay, after looking at Wikipedia's track listing and adding up the time for both CDs and then looking up an inventory item, it seems to match the total length minus the MP3 releases.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tron%3A+Legacy+%28Original+Soundtrack%29+%5BECD%5D+-+CD/18936237.p?id=2172593&skuId=18936237&st=tron%20legacy&lp=2&cp=1

It's on backorder.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bearses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like an asshole move on marketing's part. honestly, i'd say just grab a torrent for the missing tracks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guppy wrote:

"Just"? When electronic versions don't get you a physical copy of the original CD set complete with packaging and presentation?

There is an icky situation here where we will have to make multiple purchases across multiple media to get all the tracks, and we are already planning to acquire electronic-only versions for the necessary ones. (The situation is detailed in the top review here.) For the ones that we can get on shiny pretty CD's, darn it, we wanna get shiny pretty CD's.

--Rexfelum
Bearses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
Guppy wrote:

"Just"? When electronic versions don't get you a physical copy of the original CD set complete with packaging and presentation?

There is an icky situation here where we will have to make multiple purchases across multiple media to get all the tracks, and we are already planning to acquire electronic-only versions for the necessary ones. (The situation is detailed in the top review here.) For the ones that we can get on shiny pretty CD's, darn it, we wanna get shiny pretty CD's.

--Rexfelum

indeed. that's basically what i was saying.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor Xan wrote:
I'm actually looking for the same copy. It looked like Worst Purchase had it on their online inventory, but I haven't looked lately.

Edit: Okay, after looking at Wikipedia's track listing and adding up the time for both CDs and then looking up an inventory item, it seems to match the total length minus the MP3 releases.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tron%3A+Legacy+%28Original+Soundtrack%29+%5BECD%5D+-+CD/18936237.p?id=2172593&skuId=18936237&st=tron%20legacy&lp=2&cp=1

It's on backorder.

Yep, I saw the Best Buy listing while checking various websites to see if they had it. The odd thing with that one is that the track listings don't match the listings I have seen elsewhere. It probably is the same one, but since it's backordered anyway, I'm not going to order from there.

Bearses wrote:
indeed. that's basically what i was saying.

The packaging for the deluxe edition with 5 more tracks might be different than the standard edition. Also, it would be good to get all the tracks that are available on CD in that form.

Torrents are not something that I have used in the past, and I'd rather not get music that way.
Guppy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh okay, its always the pretty packaging isn't it. I was under the impression u have the standard version and was just looking for the five missing tracks and offered a complex solution to obtain it.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guppy wrote:
I was under the impression u have the standard version and was just looking for the five missing tracks and offered a complex solution to obtain it.

Oh, indeed, no. We have yet to buy anything. We seek . . . options!

--Rexfelum
Guppy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
Guppy wrote:
I was under the impression u have the standard version and was just looking for the five missing tracks and offered a complex solution to obtain it.

--Rexfelum

really expensive find
Caroljoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guppy wrote:
Rexfelum wrote:
Guppy wrote:

--Rexfelum

really expensive find

Actually, that is about what it costs at most of the places I've been looking. Really expensive would be the copy on Amazon.uk for 125.

So, that might actually be a possible place to buy it. Thanks!
Caroljoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guppy wrote:

really expensive find

So, we ended up buying it from there. Hopefully it really is the two disc version like the track listing says.
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like a review when you get it.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caroljoy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor Xan wrote:

Sure, if we do ever get it. It is backordered and they can't give me any information about when it might be back in stock. They will cancel my order if it is more than 40 days, but that's all they can tell me. I don't think they actually have it. It would have been nice if they said somewhere on the listing page or in the ordering process that it was not in stock, but I didn't find that out until I had already placed the order.
Guppy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroljoy wrote:
Emperor Xan wrote:

Sure, if we do ever get it. It is backordered and they can't give me any information about when it might be back in stock. They will cancel my order if it is more than 40 days, but that's all they can tell me. I don't think they actually have it. It would have been nice if they said somewhere on the listing page or in the ordering process that it was not in stock, but I didn't find that out until I had already placed the order.

Oh thats lame i wouldn't of even linked it if it said backordered. have u looked into ebay?
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guppy wrote:
have u looked into ebay?

Trust me. People are reselling these CD's everywhere they can for far more than the original price. Our lowest priority is to go through them.

--Rexfelum
Guppy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
Guppy wrote:
have u looked into ebay?

Trust me. People are reselling these CD's everywhere they can for far more than the original price. Our lowest priority is to go through them.

--Rexfelum

but its the pretty art, man.
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guppy wrote:
Rexfelum wrote:
Guppy wrote:
have u looked into ebay?

--Rexfelum

Yes, let's cheapen it more with further commodification.

Guppy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor Xan wrote:
Guppy wrote:
Rexfelum wrote:
Guppy wrote:
have u looked into ebay?

--Rexfelum

Yes, let's cheapen it more with further commodification.

the nature of the beast.
Caroljoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I haven't been able to find it elsewhere, I have placed bids on CDs being sold on ebay. Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy for a reasonable price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: