Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new project?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> You Cannot Hurt Us...for We Believe.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyGodai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: A new project? Reply with quote

I plan on writing a comic book script novel, but reality check, I have no experience of writing a script. Where should I go to find experience for it?
Spongey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when has a lack of experience stopped any of us

http://scriptfrenzy.org/ has some pretty decent formatting info. Beyond that, there's always Google. In the past I've been able to find sample scripts for things, and kind of picked out the parts of those that fit my style.

Any specific information you'd be looking for?
LadyGodai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glossary and how to write a script.
Spongey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comic book scripts depend a lot on what artist you have...at least in the professional world. What I tend to do is make an outline of the issue, as far as events, character development, story arcs, etc. Once I have that I break it down by approximate timing -- by page 10, this is where we are in the story. Now comes the hard part: you pretty much have to envision what the page looks like, and then describe it.

What I do is give a brief description of the page itself and what events are taking place, as well as panel layout. So I might say "Layout is six panels, traditional style. Nothing too exciting happening, Maxwell is moving through the house and pauses to pet his cat, Bootsy."

From there I go further in depth with the panels. My numbering system is Page#-Panel#. So for the fourth panel it would be:

"1-4: Close-up on Bootsy. He's craning his neck affectionately upwards and his face is a study in ecstasy as Maxwell pets him.
Maxwell (speaking): There's a good boy! You're not afraid of what's
in the closet, are you?"

And so on. Every writer has variations on the format. Some describe in intricate detail what the artist needs to draw, others are pretty vague. But on the whole, that's it. I can see if I can find links to the samples I used to use. Does this help any?

Also, I'm not sure what you are asking for with glossary. Like terms that are commonly used in comic scripts? Other? Just out of sheer curiosity, do you already have a story in mind for this?
LadyGodai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did once before, but now I've ran out of ideas. Honestly, I could try for a video game script instead.
ravin_13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodluck!
We will remember them."
LadyGodai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ravin 13.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> You Cannot Hurt Us...for We Believe. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: