Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warrior Dash run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Warrior Dash run Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Later this year I am running the Warrior Dash, a 5K obstacle course through mud and mountains, but I am also doing it to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

As a practicing martial artist, I am continuously discovering how my body physically moves and have been improving my performance and technique over time. Once I began to become consciously aware of what I was doing, I have been wanting to see what kind of limits I could push myself outside of martial arts. A friend of mine has invited to participate in this fun event with him, and I saw this as an opportunity to see how my training has affected me in my overall physical fitness. Growing up, I hardly did any physical activity at all, was very out of shape, and could not even run a quarter mile without feeling winded.

I have been involved with community service in various capacities since I was a student in high school. That is where I met someone who started a Youth Program in the volunteer department at a large organization which has grown tremendously over the years. That person has also been a big influence on my life, she is a huge proponent of youth activism and empowerment, and also happens to be my martial arts instructor. Giving back to the community is something I learned over the years in knowing her, an idea also reinforced by my parents who have always been very selfless, taking care of other people and providing for them no matter who they were.

Patients at St. Jude never have to pay for the care they receive, and it is one of the world's leading centers for researching and treating pediatric cancer and other child diseases. I knew running the Warrior Dash would be fun, but when I learned about the charity aspect, I knew I couldn't pass the chance to make a difference. The event itself already carries meaning for me, but running for a cause makes it even more meaningful, and that is something I hope that everyone else can support.

Any contributions you can make -- $50, $250, $500, or whatever you can give -- will greatly help the cause. Every dollar that that is donated through my page will go directly to St. Jude. I hope you can support me and support the cause. No donation is too small and will make a huge difference in many lives. Your gift will help the doctors and researchers at St. Jude find new treatments for cancer and other deadly diseases.

To make a donation, you can do so at the following address.

www.mystjudeevent.org/mattchan

Thanks for your consideration, and I hope you guys in the Broken Saints community can support me and this cause.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Go you!

--Rexfelum
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Go donate?

Please?
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

Anyone donate please?
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written up a blog post for this event.

http://fitness.blogoverflow.com/2012/08/running-the-2012-new-york-warrior-dash/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: