Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BS Summer Party
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: BS Summer Party Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm not as spontaneous in my use of the English language as others, but I do remember something about trying to plan a summer bash...

I still need to find a way up there...I'll help spring for gas money.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kingderk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live on the east coast its a little too far for me to travel to. Time to make my own summer bash woooo.
illiterate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... When I leave Egypt this summer, I'll be living in Mississippi. So, Canada is a bit too far for me. Oh wells.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its still a maybe, theres lots of factors preventing it but its possible.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lastman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xan is going to be there?

egg-celent!!
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.3986

I heard SameSun is filling up so I also found this other hostel that I think is just down the street from SameSun and has similar rates. I've heard some mixed stuff about HI hostels though so can anyone throw out any info there?

Also, I'm tentatively putting together some numbers for a trip, arriving in the evening of 14th and leaving the morning of the 28th, so 13 nights. I'd much rather find a double to split with someone so if anyone's interested, let me know (male/female isn't a problem either way, and I promise not to bite...hard) ~_^

-Davey Crockett
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a reservation for myself and The Eggplant, at the SameSun place, from July 20-27. It's costing us $391.99 Canadian dollars (Eggplant: we'll figure out how to split that when we're there, I guess). We got the second-to-last available twin room, so anybody else who wants a bunk bed setup had better hurry.

I believe that I will be flying directly to Vancouver International Airport. It may save me over $100 to go to Seattle instead, but Seattle would also cost me 4 hours of busing and a lot of frustration--especially when one considers that I have problems with my joints and don't want to go running around in bus stations.

Other stuff: ideas for things we might want to do while we're there!

1). Is there any way that we can get together with a 5.1 setup and watch the series? That would be a great thing to do. We could, say, watch something like 2 1/2 to 3 hours of the series a day for 4 to 5 days, in the middle of the official gathering's time frame.

2). Fritz European Fry House. This restaurant is a place that everybody in the ~psy~ household strongly recommended during my last visit to the vicinity. And SameSun is literally less than two blocks away from the restaurant.

Just some thoughts.

--Rexfelum
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
I have a reservation for myself and The Eggplant, at the SameSun place, from July 20-27. It's costing us $391.99 Canadian dollars (Eggplant: we'll figure out how to split that when we're there, I guess). We got the second-to-last available twin room, so anybody else who wants a bunk bed setup had better hurry.

Cool. Converted to US dollars, the price comes down to $311.87, and splitting that in half is $155.94. It may be best to just have one of us write the other one a check or transfer the money somehow rather than pay it half and half at the desk.

Rexfelum wrote:
I believe that I will be flying directly to Vancouver International Airport. It may save me over $100 to go to Seattle instead, but Seattle would also cost me 4 hours of busing and a lot of frustration--especially when one considers that I have problems with my joints and don't want to go running around in bus stations.

I think that's my feeling too. I'd rather just take the easiest route. I'm so afraid of getting lost sometimes. Bus stations also creep me out.

Rexfelum wrote:
Other stuff: ideas for things we might want to do while we're there!

1). Is there any way that we can get together with a 5.1 setup and watch the series? That would be a great thing to do. We could, say, watch something like 2 1/2 to 3 hours of the series a day for 4 to 5 days, in the middle of the official gathering's time frame.

2). Fritz European Fry House. This restaurant is a place that everybody in the ~psy~ household strongly recommended during my last visit to the vicinity. And SameSun is literally less than two blocks away from the restaurant.

Just some thoughts.

--Rexfelum

I think it would be cool to watch BS in 5.1 surround sound. I've been to Vancouver for a day. I mostly did shopping when I was there. There is this one nice sushi place called Tanpopo that my cousins took me to (though I treated them). They have all you can eat sushi there, and it's really good.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eggplant wrote:
Cool. Converted to US dollars, the price comes down to $311.87, and splitting that in half is $155.94. It may be best to just have one of us write the other one a check or transfer the money somehow rather than pay it half and half at the desk.

Relevant factors: they have my credit card info, but that doesn't mean I have to be the one to give them the payment. I shall bring my checkbook, regardless. (Oooooh, alternatives.)

Plus, sushi is good. It looks like we have lots of things for The List O the Dutchie.

--Rexfelum
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I'm still going to Seattle instead because the cost of straight to Van is about $600 where as to Seattle is $234 + a $50 bus ride. And 234 is just a cool number.

-Davey Crockett
mindy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero (The Anon One) wrote:
I've heard some mixed stuff about HI hostels though so can anyone throw out any info there?

I've stayed in the HI vancouver hostel a couple of times now- the second only because it was paid for already. Nowhere near near my first choice in terms of a place to stay- it's quiet, granted, but it's also very clinical & a bit depressing. You won't want to stay in the room for any longer than you have to, which is something I suppose, but I'd do my best to avoid it if you can- samesun or global village backpackers would be my first choices.

If you're staying in Seattle the YMCA there is quite nicely located, which makes up for the general lack of atmosphere. It's better than the HI in van, but thats not saying a great deal.
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sponge sad...Sponge very very sad.

Cripes even Zero's coming to this one...

I need a rant section.
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not coming Sponge? Damn, I was looking forward to sitting around and swapping evil stories!

I did some digging around and I can't find any current info on Global Backpackers Village. Sounds like it closed down mayhaps? I'm going to try and email or call them later today, I guess.

If not, looks like a dorm room in SameSun prolly. Succin'.

-Davey Crockett
Kiretsu

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
We got the second-to-last available twin room, so anybody else who wants a bunk bed setup had better hurry.

Actully, you are slightly mistaken. That room is now gone as of Friday. Me and ToA have it, 21-27.

My quandaries make my head spin and my tummy growl.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

Live every week like it's Shark Week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not gonna make it. Unless I win the lottery or something.

But that requires me playing the lottery...and having more luck than I've had ever.
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiretsu wrote:
Rexfelum wrote:
We got the second-to-last available twin room, so anybody else who wants a bunk bed setup had better hurry.

Actully, you are slightly mistaken. That room is now gone as of Friday. Me and ToA have it, 21-27.

Well, if any of you ladies have half a bed you're willing to rent out...

Dorm room it is, I should go ahead and reserve one I suppose. I want to email first and ask if I'm locked in once I make reservations (i.e. could I change rooms or check out a couple days early or some such if I wanted).

And that sucks Sponge. Who am I going to sit around in a housecoat and bunny slippers and blow pipe bubbles with now?!

-Davey Crockett
Mooshou

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I still wanna go dammit!!

*dances the hula*

If I do go... we should have a luau.... so I can "lei" everybody hehe.
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.samesun.com/rossland.html

Forget Van, I know where I'm going for Vacation!

-Davey Crockett
Ange

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I am so imagining Rossland...

It'll be in the shape of a giant ass, complete with ginger ale rivers and the trees made of pasta salad. Big breasted Swedish girls will be hired and with excellent plastic surgery you will make them look Asian. Everytime you log onto one of the many computers in a field in the anus of Rossland, a chick will pop out of the ground to blow you while you watch Ebaumsworld videos.

I'd visit.
Mindless

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero (The Anon One) wrote:
I did some digging around and I can't find any current info on Global Backpackers Village. Sounds like it closed down mayhaps? I'm going to try and email or call them later today, I guess.

After some googling, I'm an idiot. GVB changed their name since I stayed there- to samesun. Oops!

Also, no sponge? Damn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: