Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken Saints Script
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeadBangerChic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Broken Saints Script Reply with quote

I was just wondering if there's a link or something someone can give me that has the words/dialogue from the Broken Saints episodes for me to read, thanks,

~HeadBangerChic
JoshSpazJosh

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, this reminds me:

Brooke, if you put out an illustrated script (with storyboards and stuff) on Cafepress or something, I would be the first to buy. I know the graphic novel and stuff is coming out, but is it going to have the same dialogue and monologue?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bs

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually an interesting idea...releasing a basic 'script' with some full-page illustrations on CP.

Hmmm....will consider it for sure.

Sorry headbanger chic...I not one to give away the script to the entire series all hilly nilly (and plus, we had to zip it up....as it clocks in at over 400 pages with NO scene description!!!).
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lelandpaul

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Josh, Brooke. A script, for reference, even without any storyboards or the like, would be a wonderful, wonderful thing to have. Adding a couple of illustrations just sweetens the deal... Puhleeease?

-lelandpaul
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about one of those 'making of...' or 'the art of....' books that is done for movies? Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within had something like that, and no doubt that there are just tons of concept art and sketches from the Matrix movies.
Dizzy Girl

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooooo....

"The Art of Broken Saints"

Has a real nice ring to it. he he he

I have some of those books; for some animes that I've read.

I have one for Lord of the rings, Card Captor Sakura, Hellsing, and Sailor Moon (I was younger then! My first anime. he he he)

I'd buy one for BS. Oooo now I have goosebumps. he he he
JoshSpazJosh

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Oh! Oh!

Check out Sin City: The Making of the Movie.

Original scripts WITH deleted scenes? Check. (I read somewhere in the FAQ there were some scenes you cut early on. . .?)

Sidebars along the script with relevant BTS info? Check.

Special BTS sections in between sections? Check.

There is definitely some BTS stuff that hasn't been seen yet - for example, there isn't a lot of Drew or Ian's stuff, even on the DVD. An art gallery would also be hot. If you did it this way, though, the book would have to be worth buying even if you've watched all the DVD behind-the-scenes stuff, so you'd have to put lots of extra shit in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clownboat

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eggplant wrote:
How about one of those 'making of...' books that is done for movies?

I can see it now: 200 glossy pages, photos of three young men with five o'clock shadows sitting in a basement staring at monitors. Flip the pages and you can see their ribs start to poke out! A true riches-to-rags tale no coffee table should be without.
jburden

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: scripts Reply with quote

I been thinking on this for awhile, but Broken Saints can actually be a broadway or drama production for high schoolers or college kids to try out.

Ya...its me BS ^^ kid at south korea...one of the only people in korea...i think Oo...

Ya, but seeing as how it would be a pretty neat idea to sell the script, you can also give a "text" sale or something. Like you sell what they suggested on here, and if Broken Saints happens to be able to turn into broad way or something, you can sell manuscripts of each character.

Will be lots of work on that...but just a idea to rub on if it happens ^^
bs

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still trying to convince Tobias to do a 4-part opera...like The Ring.

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JoshSpazJosh

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh WOW.

Saggio l'uno

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bs wrote:

b

The Ring Cycle? By Wagner? Dude...That takes like 6 days to perform. It's insane!
jburden

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its...worth a shot XDXDXD

I mean...the staff of BS is already producing the Game, deciding to do a movie AND traditional comic book (I think you said you would on this one), and...if BS becomes big enough, there will be those wanting to have right to use the words in BS to perform...I mean...

BS has such a intense emotion in it that its kind of hard NOT to get attracted to it, and to have actors work their ass off just to emute that emotion...

I mean...ya its going to take a good many days, but...the movie might have to be made into like Five three hour movies JUST to finish the 12 hour epic...perhaps. I am just guessing ><

But ya...
XuShenLi

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that this BS is gonna be big.
jburden

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bs is basically classical ALREADY considering the motive Oo....

I mean...If you think in terms of universal messages...this is a MUSICAL piece with images and words to it...and the music does a very good job in helping the audience FEEL the special moments in the seris. The QUOTES espically....sheez, I can't wait for that pause button for those....

XD

This...if we all have our head in the right place, WILL become big. It is a story that can be made movie, comic, cartoon seris, regular animation, drama, school play, college study you name it!!! I mean...the staff of BS hit the spot right. ITs hard making something of controversial matter this deep, it takes lots of blood and sweat to provide the emotional feedback to the audiece. In all opinion, the seris is successful in giving its message and the work put into it should derserve its reconizing....I got friends who go to Newgrounds here who heard of BS, but have not been able to finish it because of how long it is...

But once I can get permission by the base, I can beg the PX here to order your DVD's and then I can advertise it here...and if you guys sell the scripts with the quotes anytime soon, will try and give the script to far east drama here (advanced drama thing) to make the plots and props and see if we can make a drama of it....

ITs a flexible seris ^^
tobias

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: bs opera Reply with quote

bs wrote:

hey man, I need no convincing. I thought it was a brilliant idea the first time you mentioned it last year! I'm in! When do we start? Heck, why haven't we started? The trifling detail of, well, a total lack of budget? When has that ever stopped us before?

saggio wrote:
The Ring Cycle? By Wagner? Dude...That takes like 6 days to perform. It's insane!

4 days, to be precise. It's effectively four full operas, in a cycle. There isn't much else in the repertoire on that grand a scale (I can only think of one thing actually, Lori Andersen's 'United States Live', not exactly opera but in the ballpark unless you're a purist, in which case you probably won't like what Brooke and I are likely to come up with either...)
XuShenLi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how is the script coming along, you guys?
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XuShenLi wrote:
So, how is the script coming along, you guys?

(Sigh.) Still dreamin' that 2005 dream, eh?

--Rexfelum
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wanted a transcript just so I could search it for certain quotes without having to rewatch the entire series.

I had thought about transcribing it once (with scene descriptions too). I realized that would take me forever to do. Yet somehow, I compelled myself to do that with the main storyline script of Super Mario RPG.
bs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A have a zip file of the entire script somewhere - we needed it for the voice casting sessions
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: