Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simple Pleasures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> You Cannot Hurt Us...for We Believe.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Communist_Spy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elise wrote:
Holy fuck, Commie.

Congratulations.

I'm really happy for you. Weddings, engagements, love and optimism are the best! I know your wedding day will be a beautiful day. Congratulations to you and your fiancee, I hope you find the deepest and most sincere happiness in your life together.

Thank you very much, El. How are things going for you, by the way? School/relationships/family/walks to corner stores on breezy days?

Narb wrote:
You will either become very happy or very depressed, and you deserve both you motherfucker, so I'm pleased as punch either way.

My life has been nothing but both for as long as I can remember. Ebbs and flows, comes and goes. A ring and a document and a ceremony won't change that, I don't think. I just hope that I don't have to schedule the wedding around a valley just because I'm going down the bad way.
Also: move down to Florida. I've been jonesing to start a throwback punk rock band (because I'm burnt out on almost all recent music) and I need someone I could trust not to suck, that I could also trust to be as belligerent on stage.

Rex wrote:
And on the subject of individuals "blushing" at you . . . I have gotten a number of stares in my time, and I'm not sure as to whether one should be flattered by them. They tend to happen when I'm busy being a long-haired male wearing a battered overcoat with buttons sewn on in mismatching thread. And I'm possibly unshaven.

Aha! But then, it wouldn't be a "simple" pleasure if it was anything more than a vapid, passing moment. Any delving into thoughts of motivation must be left for the as yet uncreated "Complicated Pleasures" thread.

Commie wrote:
The tree in the back yard: half-dead, split in the middle, leaning on two other trees, asserting itself with a loud creak every time the wind blows stronger than a peaceful gust.

The tree came down the way you'd expect it to: a sticky hot summer day, no Gulf breeze for at least an hour and a half's drive south, no Atlantic breeze for double that heading east, just stagnant daylight. I went to Publix and it was standing. I came home and it wasn't. As plain and uneventful as that.
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communist_Spy wrote:
Aha! But then, it wouldn't be a "simple" pleasure if it was anything more than a vapid, passing moment. Any delving into thoughts of motivation must be left for the as yet uncreated "Complicated Pleasures" thread.

You know, after all this time, why don't we just make that thread?

--Rexfelum
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
Communist_Spy wrote:

--Rexfelum

Too complicated...
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eggplant wrote:
Rexfelum wrote:
Communist_Spy wrote:

--Rexfelum

Too complicated...

LMAO!

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guppy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah man this is why i love you guys.
Elise

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things with me are going okay. I'm nowhere near graduated or engaged like you are, but I'm happy.

I've given up on getting my degree (for now) but am regularly enjoying walks to the nearby supermarket and beyond on breezy days.

Relationships with friends and family are probably better than they've ever been, so I guess I've grown a lot and am happier for it. Also I think I'm a lot less obsessed with myself, which is a nice change.

So have you guys set a date?
Communist_Spy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear things are going well. There's nothing wrong with postponing school, but keep that parenthetical aside of "for now" in there. Giving up for now is all right. Giving up isn't, because you're entirely too smart to.

We don't have a specific date. That is, a date without an -ish at the end. For a little while it was Novemberish, since Florida summers are either beastly hot or rain-soaked, neither of which are ideal wedding weather. October isn't too bad but it occasionally becomes a hangover month for hurricane season, which we just got our first little taste of here.
DERAILMENT. I was thinking the other day in the typical grey haze of a tropical depression of all that is lost in not being there for a storm. You see the barrage of rain, you see the miles of grey, you see the palm trees bent and pulled and pushed and servile. Huddled under the awning for a smoke is when I realized it: the smell. It's not the smell of rain, not the evaporated oil-slick street water smell, which we've come to recognize as the smell of rain. Tropical storms have a different scent, not oceanic, but with a vague beachy feel. Like snapped celery sticks soaking in slightly salted water. And the sounds. The insects are alive in a gaudy show; the scene becomes the familiar Hollywood imagining of Southeast Asia. Crickets scratch their wings together like locusts in poppy fields; the guttural owl grunts like a kimono dragon; the cardinals and finches could be birds of paradise. Tropical storms are never the bleak image of an overacting weather man sloshing around in rain boots. END DERAILMENT.
But then, about two weeks ago, her mother moved back to Virginia, making her and I just about the last two in our families still in Florida. (There are fledgling scatterings of people here, still. My older brother and his family. Her aunt and uncle.) Her major conglomeration of family is in Virginia Beach. My mother is in Colorado, my father is in who the fuck knows where at this point, my sister's in Texas, my mutually disengaged distant relatives are in Pennsylvania.
The question becomes: where do we do this thing? Novemberish takes on a new meaning in Virginia.
So, the short answer to the question is: Nope, we don't have a date yet.
Zenphobia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing like the feel of a brand new, unopened bottle of toothpaste.

-Rickson Gracie
Infinite Blue, Quack M.D.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can always count on the world to be inexplicably hilarious at 4 in the morning.

Ze sveedish chef: eenfuneet bluoo ees ell ebuoot keyewtneuoeuoeus BORK BORK BORK!!!
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinite Blue, Quack M.D. wrote:
I can always count on the world to be inexplicably hilarious at 4 in the morning.

Yeah, pot will do that.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want my spacious hills and clear skies and evening sunlight and shady tree and warm weather.

Damned bi-polar Californian environment.

Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor Xan wrote:

Yeah, pot will do that.
I said inexplicably! It's quite explicable if you have drugs.

Ze sveedish chef: eenfuneet bluoo ees ell ebuoot keyewtneuoeuoeus BORK BORK BORK!!!
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor Xan wrote:

Yeah, pot will do that.
I said inexplicably! It's quite explicable if you have drugs.

That requires that you're aware of what you're smoking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting "the good shovel" when you're stuck with driveway shoveling duty.

Kiretsu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a euphemism?

My quandaries make my head spin and my tummy growl.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

Live every week like it's Shark Week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, nope.
We've got two snow shovels.
One of them is very heavy, with a wooden handle, a small spade, and is just plain awkward to use. However, the other one has an aluminum handle and a wider spade, which is just plain better for snow shoveling. It is known throughout the household as "the good shovel," and it is quite coveted when it comes to shoveling.

Normally, we shovel in pairs, but my sister (who was supposed to shovel with me) wasn't home. Thus, I got my choice of shovel, the driveway was shoveled, and everyone was happy. Overall, a good ending.

The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that's not a euphemism?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you caught me.
We secretly smoke shovels in our backyard.
Don't tell the cops.

Mooshou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-The smell of my cat after she's bathed herself... LOL. Yeah I know, weird, whatever. It's just much better than after she's spent time in the loo, ya know?

-Finally catching a good song on the radio AND having time to hear it all the way while on the road after countless times of channel surfing and catching the tail end of it.

-Mentally drooling over the Staff Sergeant hottie who comes in the office all the time for educational needs. Mmmmmmm.....
Guppy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play-doh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> You Cannot Hurt Us...for We Believe. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: