Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BS Fan Meet ? July 2005 ? Pics & Vids (not 56k friendly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~psy~ wrote:
It's so nice to know our family extends all over the globe and I really hope that Vancouver can host another get-together sometime next year.

I'm glad you liked it, and I definitely agree with the above "family" sentiment. There is one thing that you can't see in the very last photo in those pages, and that's because it's on the other side of the camera. With privacy, I got to enjoy a good cry at all I had the great fortune of experiencing and all I was about to give up.

Of course, staying behind for even longer wouldn't really have been a good thing. Vancouver, as a place, wasn't the reason behind the trip; you folks were. And, of course, we all had our lives elsewhere. But you people are just the sorts of wonderful crazies that I would love to have live down the street from me. Well, maybe not literally--there's a construction site down the street. It would be awkward.

~psy~ wrote:
( Awww... right now I can see Gonzo rolling around on the picnic table in the backyard, enjoying the sun... cuuute!)

Awww, I can imagine that! . . . Wait, you already used the word "Awww." I need to come up with a different sentiment.

Oh, Gonzo is just so cuuute!

--Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Cute as dickens.

I'm sad I won't get to see you either, FA

Btw, Brooke just raved about your hospitality at the BBQ. Sounds like you have a wonderful family!
FallenAngel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Yep. Cute as dickens.

I'm sad I won't get to see you either, FA

Btw, Brooke just raved about your hospitality at the BBQ. Sounds like you have a wonderful family!

Yeah...they're cool. I wouldn't trade 'em for anything!

"did I dream this belief?
or did i believe this dream?"
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vancouver Aquarium

178 photos. I took more photos on this day more than any other day. Stupid cute otter...

I've got a few more photoalbums left to post, one of which is the evening when we hung out at English Bay and had a small gathering with the Vancouverites later that night.

I'll post that one and then a few more categorized photoalbums that span my entire time in Vancouver. I'll also post a list of all the photoalbums in a future post (and my first one).
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for those who haven't noticed, Zephie has completed her hosting. I am grateful. Grateful! Full of grates! But really, grateful.

I have taken down the temporarily-hosted HTML to which I had originally linked, so all my previous posts are rather dead. Trust in the Zephie, for she knows the way.

--Rexfelum

P.S.: No, I did not take down the videos or the photos. They are still in existence in their "backup" locations. I may remove the photos one day, because, as noted, Photobucket's limited offerings for control of the presentation cannot possibly top absolute freedom, which is what you get when you just have blank webspace. Like Zephie has provided! Much grate!
Guppy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I love the dancing photos.. so hard to capture but Rexy did a phenomenal job.
Zephie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not supposed to be up right now, but I've started writing and uploading my own personal little Vancouver trip report. Only the first two parts are up right now, the rest of the links are dead. It's rambly, and like I've said before, there aren't many people pics in there at all - but for anyone who wants to see Van itself, I suppose it's a decent addition to what Eggy had already showed off.

I'll let you know when I update again.
Whitecrab

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looked like a lot of fun. A very, very great deal of fun.
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my last day, most of us ended up hanging out. We talk a walk down Robson St. and hung out at English Bay for a while until after the sun wet down.

So here is my last official photoset: English Bay. It's mostly sunsets and stuff.

A few more photosets: Broken Saints Fans and ALL of my 625 photos that I took in Vancouver.

So for a master list of my photos, here it is:

Wreck Beach
UBC Museum of Anthropology
Science World
Lynn Canyon
Broken Saints Backyard BBQ
Richmond Night Market
Stanley Park
Vancouver Aquarium
English Bay
Broken Saints Fans
All 625 photos by me

I'll be updating the first post with all my stuff and with the links that Zephie posted.

Thanks to all to a memorable trip, especially that last day. Just hanging out with people and relaxing was a great way to close the night for me. I don't think I could've spent that day any better.
Solace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARRRGH! Stop torturing me! You guys and your dang beautiful pictures! I love Van....wish I could get there more often. *sigh* Soon, very soon.
Zephie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts 1 to 6 of my personal Van report are up now. I'll write out the rest whenever I find the time along the next couple weeks - I'm going to be totally booked up till next Tuesday starting tomorrow, so give me a while, folks.

And sorry for the torture, Sol. Next time!
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . Yes, I resurrect this thread from August. For good reason:

Zephie wrote:
I'm not supposed to be up right now, but I've started writing and uploading my own personal little Vancouver trip report. Only the first two parts are up right now, the rest of the links are dead. It's rambly, and like I've said before, there aren't many people pics in there at all - but for anyone who wants to see Van itself, I suppose it's a decent addition to what Eggy had already showed off.

Annnnnnnd when will that be? Or did it just prove to be a task that wasn't nearly so important as real life?

--Rexfelum
illiterate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
. . . Yes, I resurrect this thread from August. For good reason:

Zephie wrote:

Annnnnnnd when will that be? Or did it just prove to be a task that wasn't nearly so important as real life?

That among other things. Unless people are really still dying to hear more, I doubt I'll finish the report itself. Sorry. Hm, I might as well throw up the pictures though... I'll take a look tonight.
Ange

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, pictures!
HearMeRoar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solace wrote:
ARRRGH! Stop torturing me! You guys and your dang beautiful pictures! I love Van....wish I could get there more often. *sigh* Soon, very soon.

I know! I've still yet to make it to one of these. I'll be at the 2006 one though. I'll have my student loan and a firking huge overdraft to blow on it. Nothing is stopping me this time, dag nabbit!

I'm liking the pictures egg, nice one.

"Walls are not Doors!"

"Fuck is not a colour!"
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephie wrote:
That among other things. Unless people are really still dying to hear more, I doubt I'll finish the report itself. Sorry. Hm, I might as well throw up the pictures though... I'll take a look tonight.

Oog. Be well, handle life, do whatever.

--Rexfelum
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panorama!

Zephie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, damnit Eggy! Why did your panorama come out so well and mine suck? T_T
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some slight misaligment/distortion along the right border against the sidewalk there.

I used a program called AutoStitch which was developed by someone at UBC. Its usability is pretty good since "it just works" and does a damn good job at it, much better than any other panorama software I've seen, commercial or otherwise.

And the technical paper is cool to read if you're into that kind of thing.

I have used PhotoStitch from Canon which was decent, but not exactly satisfactory. There are also some open-source programs that can sort of do what AutoStitch does (maybe better) but may take a lot more work on the user's part.

And another panorama!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: