Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BS Fan Meet ? July 2005 ? Pics & Vids (not 56k friendly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now:

Batch 4: Bridge. (Cue image of, oh, I dunno, something with trees and a river.)

This was really a cramped day, wherein we caught up with Dark Star in the morning, traveled to a variety of places, then ultimately ended at the barbecue. As noted, the barbecue will have to be the next batch. (It's huge.)

--Rexfelum

P.S.: I have taken down the first batch's HTML until I hear from P about hosting. All the files are still there, though. Zephie, I will start shipping you things . . . but what? Everything except the full-sized images? Or go for full-sized? And my HTML would definitely need editing, but I'd explain what I was thinking so you could translate with just a little Ctrl-H action.

Last edited by Rexfelum on Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be posting links to photosets synchronously along with Richard's until the end of the meet.

Here it is: Lynn Canyon
Dark Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
Well I've been thinking about what to say about all of you I met for awhile and only tonight have I actually gotten clarity enough in my mind to do it.

I'll start off in the order of who I met first (and end with people who I've met before).

Ross (aka Zero)- Just to start.. I POUNCED YOU SO GOOD AND I WON!!!! I WON!!!! Other than that, you're just how I expected you to be. Even though I spent half of your time here pissed at you, there is no doubt in my mind that if a crazed homeless man had attacked me on the street you still would've stood up for me. You're a sweet guy even though you won't give yourself credit for it, and you're an awesome best friend. Oh wait.. I can't ruin your rep.. YOU'RE EVIL

Zephster- I knew you were shy.. but I didn't think you were that shy! It's ok though, all it took was a little shopping and some chocolate fondue to bring you out of your shell. You're a smart caring person and I know I can always count on you to be straight with me and to watch out for me no matter what.

Eggy- Umm.. well I didnt get to talk to you much but I thought you were an awesome guy anyways and I wish I could've spoken to you more. I'm pretty sure that you made me laugh more than anybody who I met and next time.. maybe.. just maybe.. if you're good I'll let you lick me

Richard- Thank you for finally giving me a reason to shout "DANCE MONKEY DANCE!" It may surprise you to know that even though you don't think much more of me then "she wore tight clothes" you taught me an awful lot, to the point that since our talk on Third Beach I've looked at my life and discarded lots of those so called "trivial worries". You taught me that life has to be lived as peaceful as possible and that people's feelings are more important than "trivial" things.

Xan- Well.. I'll admit you surprised me. After being proved wrong by some of the people I judged on the boards... I went into meeting you with a few apprehensions but ultimately decided to give you a chance before I shut you out. I'm glad I did because talking to you and expanding my thoughts to understand yours has really taught me something's. And now despite what others might say, I believe I could talk to you openly about anything, and I feel like I have another big brother figure (as well as Ross) watching out for me.

DrDood- YAY THUMBS UP! Hahaha, well I can't say I know you well but I did get crammed into the backseat of a car with you for some illegal driving. Stay Cool Dood, stay cool.

Mindless- Umm... I think that we can almost stand eachother in real life huh? We don't really get along all that well online but in real life I like hanging out with you.... even though it does involve a series of abuse. You tried to cheer me up whenever I looked down and hey.. if beating me over the head with a plastic bottle made me laugh for some reason.. it's still a laugh.

Psy- I didn't speak to you much at the first BS party.. perhaps because I was too shy because you were dressed in leather and carrying a whip or.. because I never really got a chance. But I'm happy I finally got to talk to you. You're one of the nicest most open minded people I've ever spoken to and I'm just sorry that I couldn't find a way to repay you for how nice you were to all of us.

Mark- Well.. I didn't talk to you very much but I think you're a cool guy and you're just as sweet as your wife. However, I don't think I'll ever have a clue what it is that you, Tom and Ross talk about when you go on about your computer talk 0_o.

Nick- I did have a "whale" of a time at the aquarium. Don't be a stranger or I'll miss "pick up" hugs

Umm.. ok I'm sorry if I've forgotten anybody...

As for the BBQ I know I didn't really say much. I floated back and forth from group to group. OH one thing.. I say Fridge.. mainly because I think fridge was the under-dog in that argument.

I think it was a good night to be outside with good people discussing good things. Zephie's singing ruled along with everybody else's. The house was very nice and welcoming, the food was good.

Like I said, even though it didn't look like I had much fun and as sad as it is, it was very relaxing for me. The whole two weeks out there with you guys and the time I spent having fun was one of the most relaxing things since I've done since I got back from England.

Thank you.

I call him Mini George doubleyuh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eggplant wrote:
I will be posting links to photosets synchronously along with Richard's until the end of the meet.

. . . I feel like such a speedometer.

Anyway.

Dark Star wrote:
even though you don't think much more of me then "she wore tight clothes"

Jules, Jules, Jules! I think a lot more of you than that! It's just that the flow of my post was screaming out for a one-liner and I had to write something. I was hoping that other people might come by, raise an eyebrow, and make sarcastic comments on it (and its brevity) so that we could talk about you more.

I certainly wouldn't just discard your Vancouver-existence like that. I mean . . .

Dark Star wrote:
you taught me an awful lot, to the point that since our talk on Third Beach I've looked at my life and discarded lots of those so called "trivial worries". You taught me that life has to be lived as peaceful as possible and that people's feelings are more important than "trivial" things.

. . . sitting on a stone wall or park bench and just talking as a summer breeze goes by is an experience that doesn't happen often enough. I was glad to read what you posted above. Talking with you was great for me, too, as I tried to put all that stuff out into words in the first place.

Dark Star wrote:
Richard- Thank you for finally giving me a reason to shout "DANCE MONKEY DANCE!"

(Ahem.) But I think I missed this moment. I can only imagine you shouting this at your computer screen as you watch the video on loop . . .

--Rexfelum
Zephie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xan wrote:
Yes, it does have to go away from you. It ended up with the ball stopping at Richard.

Ahhh. So the photos were just taken at a very misleading time. Sneaky.

Rexfelum wrote:
Zephie, I will start shipping you things . . . but what? Everything except the full-sized images? Or go for full-sized? And my HTML would definitely need editing, but I'd explain what I was thinking so you could translate with just a little Ctrl-H action.

Just everything that needs to go up online first. I do want a copy of a bunch of pictures full-sized as well, but that's for personal use so we can get around to that later.

Eggy, you good on Flickr there? Also, I'll be bugging you for full sized images soon enough.
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephie wrote:
Xan wrote:
Yes, it does have to go away from you. It ended up with the ball stopping at Richard.

Ahhh. So the photos were just taken at a very misleading time. Sneaky.

Actually, I was starting to lose - quite badly, I might add - before I relaxed. That's why there's a huge spike before the line goes almost flat. For some reason, that was the "snap" that put me in a very relaxed almost trance-like state.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one you have all been waiting to see:

Batch 5: Barbecue. (Cue image of a wide range of very strange people, some of them influenced by Twin Peaks, gathered in an enclosed space.)

Enjoy. That heap contains 79 files, people. The night was definitely one to remember, for many, many reasons. But just so you know: I am only about halfway through the files that I have to share. The barbecue was not where the fun stopped. Next up: origami.

--Rexfelum

Last edited by Rexfelum on Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here are my BS BBQ photos. It's a dinky 50 photos in comparison to Richard's 79.

And Zephie, I'm fine with Flickr. I've got all my stuff on there.

Oh man, that video of Dr. Dood giving Brooke his gift is hilarious.
Solace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! You all took such awesome pictures and vids that I almost feel like I was there....almost. thanks for posting them for those of us that missed the bash.
motoko_chan_o0o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sniffle*... yeah, almost but not quite.. *sniffle*

someday. yeah.. someday
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saggio l'uno

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dood and I fought using the Xan-style of sword fighting. It was intense.
Dr Dood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xan-style brings out your inner strength and pushes your body to the extremes. Intense is an understatement.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must get digital cam for next time..still haven't developed my humble batch (about 20 overall)
Dr Dood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I took a couple of pictures with my phone. They suck. Here they are

Gonzo sleeping!

The view from the car on the way to Wreck Beach

Greatest. Vandals. EVER!

The funny Wreck Beach sign

Trees at Wreck Beach

Me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy taking a picture of me taking a picture of Eggy.

I have some pictures on my actual camera as well, but they're just of me and psy trying to set Gonzo on fire. I'll post them.... someday...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Such great pictures and videos! Thanks for posting those!

I really wish I could have been there...I had to postpone my trip until this month. I shall be there for the rock show!

"did I dream this belief?
or did i believe this dream?"
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saggio l'uno wrote:
Dood and I fought using the Xan-style of sword fighting. It was intense.

Actually, that's how you stand when you fence.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Hello Everyone.... Reply with quote

McKinley here. The strange girl under the tree at the BBQ, until Richard draggled me up and made me come visit everyone. I am so glad I did.
As Richard pointed out, though I came as a friend of Aaron's, I have seen the series. But like everything that moves me deeply, it is difficult for me to speak of my love for Broken Saints. But in my love and devotion for this remarkable work of writing and art and sound, I am of one mind and heart with the people of this forum. It moves me beyond Time, beyond this When.

I wanted to thank everyone, for their graciousness, their kindness. You all emanate such joy and support for one anothother, even though I know many of you, maybe most of you, had never met face to face before that week. It gives one Hope. To know that humans are able to interact and relate to one another across vast distances, over oceans, beyond countries. Kim, you have a beautiful house. With wonderful, comfortable trees. Your hospitailty moves me. Richard, you are a kind and fascinating fellow, who gives good hugs and dances with rapt abandon. Aaron, you know what you Are. Brooke... Hello. I don't know you, but I have things I wouldn't mind saying to you. Zephie, I can still hear your voice in my head and heart, singing songs I have loved for so long their lyrics are reflex. Thank you for giving them back to me in a voice so human and emotive. Everyone else, I don't know you either. But I was pleased to be among you. Your graciousness will not be forgotten.

We are on this Planet. She embraces us. In turn, we embrace one another, mimicking that Divine Love, God/dess given. Keep doing this. Keep connecting. It defies all that would thwart us, in this world of apathy and greed, where our stories are subsumed and our spirits threatened and under seige. Hope is a deflector sheild. Aim it well, and we just might get through this.

With much love,
McKinley
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinley!

Pook!

--Rexfelum

P.S.: "Shekhinah" from Broken Saints was playing in the background as I read your post. I hope you approve.

P.P.S.: Oops, now I'm gonna double-post . . .
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we start on the next day, which itself has to be trimmed into a couple parts because there was an awful lot that happened. First:

Batch 6: Origami. (Cue image of Raimi, at home, delirious, folding and unfolding paper as he muses over the mystical connection between geometry and art.)

Some of the most disturbing videos will come in the next batch, which is basically "an evening with Shel Silverstein and Edward Gorey" . . . (plus a little of the Richmond Night Market).

--Rexfelum

Last edited by Rexfelum on Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mooshou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexy wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HAVE THAT POSTER!!! *giggles cause of an inside story to knowing how she knew that poster would be there*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: