Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorial Day Disasters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commie

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Memorial Day Disasters Reply with quote

I woke up this morning and felt the past three days persistant coughing come at me like a .44 slug. I had about 3 hours of sleep, broken up intermittently with coughing fits and body cramps. When the cough slowed down, I tried to catch my breath. Shallow in, deep out. Wheeze, wheeze, wheeze. I almost passed out in the shower; squeezing air from my lungs was like squeezing water from coal.
So I call in, spend an hour finding out if I had health insurance (becuase I wasn't about to spend a leg fixing a lung), and headed for the emergency room.

Five hours later...

I have asmathic bronchitis, which I neither know how to spell nor care. What I do know is I have an inhaler now, a low amount of shitty pain pills about which I am quite bitter, lung steroids and a week's supply of antibiotics.

So who else had a horrible Memorial Day?
Infinite Blue, Quack M.D.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit. Sorry to hear about that, man.

My Memorial Day was nothing special, but it pales in comparison to yours. Get well soon, you hear?

Ze sveedish chef: eenfuneet bluoo ees ell ebuoot keyewtneuoeuoeus BORK BORK BORK!!!
Saggio l'uno

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Disasters Reply with quote

Commie wrote:
I woke up this morning and felt the past three days persistant coughing come at me like a .44 slug. I had about 3 hours of sleep, broken up intermittently with coughing fits and body cramps. When the cough slowed down, I tried to catch my breath. Shallow in, deep out. Wheeze, wheeze, wheeze. I almost passed out in the shower; squeezing air from my lungs was like squeezing water from coal.
So I call in, spend an hour finding out if I had health insurance (becuase I wasn't about to spend a leg fixing a lung), and headed for the emergency room.

Five hours later...

I have asmathic bronchitis, which I neither know how to spell nor care. What I do know is I have an inhaler now, a low amount of shitty pain pills about which I am quite bitter, lung steroids and a week's supply of antibiotics.

So who else had a horrible Memorial Day?

Come to Canada. Seriously. Everything will be free except the wait.
Zenphobia

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cleaned toilets for my Memorial Day.

Yay for Pool Patrons who poop buckets!

-Rickson Gracie
Mooshou

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, Commiekins. I actually have been having a good weekend. Drove down here to Southern Cali in Oceanside.. helped my cousin and her fam pack on the first day then move the next, not too bad of a move too, but I found muscles in my body I thought I never had lol. Then yesterday we drove down to Coronado and then headed over to the IKEA in San Diego. Cheap prices but cheaply made crap too. Headed over to the Cheesecake factory right after and filled up on a chicken sandwich I couldn't even finish (and of course no cheesecake cause 1) we were all too full and 2) I don't eat cheesecake.. funny). Then later on after we got back, my cousin and I sprung on over in her mustang to the Best Buy and Frys in San Marcos (10 minute drive) to look at computers and desks. Frys had crap so we got a ton of stuff at Best Buy.. and was able to (somehow) load it all up in her convertible mustang. Oh and beer beer and more beer. I don't think I've had this much beer... ever. Man. Then today, more carousing around, buying things for their new house on base (of which by the way is great for military housing), and ended up at my cousin's finance's mom's house in town. BBQ on the roof baby ohh yeahhhh. Oh crap, I left my resumes in her car. Oh well..

MmmmMMmMMmMMMmMMmMMMmMMMmmmmmmm! BEER!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

running out of nicotine gum.
Adhesive

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditch the nicorete and try Orbitz Citrus Mint is by far the best thing to happen to the world IMO. I have 6 packs distributed around me at all time. 2 in my book bag. 1 in my work bench at work. 1 in my desk in front of me. 1 near the kitchen. 1 in my car. 1 in my jacket pocket. And I think 1 in the water closet.

As far as my weekend. It was nice. Went to Church twice. Watched X-men 3. Found out I should have stayed to finish the credits because an important part of the story was revealed.( Doh, looks like I have to watch it again) Went to see my sisters' fiance play at BB Kings in UnversalCity, damn that place does suck as as far as service and all around friendliness .BBQ with all my co-workers. Wrote my First Philosophy paper for summer school. And Started writing a cook book of my moms recipes, leading me well on my way to becoming a millionare.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reverie

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up feeling like crap because the allergy pill I've been taking have totally reversed affects on me. Not only do they not work, but they completely drain me of all strength, thus I've been conked out between twelve to fifteen hours a day. Sure, it may seem like a good thing to some, but not three to four days in a row, and it sure as hell isn't a good thing when you want to get things done.

Nothing quite as bad as ending up with asthmatic bronchitis, mind you, but still, it's annoying shit.

Other than that, I went and visited my grandmother and my sister's graves with my Mom yesterday. Set flowers down on them and all that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SusH'

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure we don't have Memorial Day here in Oz.

Sincerely hoping you feel better soon, Commie.
Guppy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I avoided doing anything yesterday except for making lumpia which was fun watched some movie called Star Wars Dreams and watched Shaun of the Dead twice once on tv and once on dvd... then I watched Blazing Saddles and Super Troopers. I laughed literally to hard I sneezed and had a serious bloody nose... however I knew it would eventually come due to the lovely dust bubble this Valley is under my nose has been spotting like a tweens first period.

Oh well however I would like to point out no one ever has me bleed my own blood.

Carry on.
motoko_chan_o0o

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guppy wrote:
... however I knew it would eventually come due to the lovely dust bubble this Valley is under my nose has been spotting like a tweens first period.

*shudder*.. urmm... nice analogy there gups lol...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bit of a disaster. I found a Best Buy gift card for 20 bucks in my wallet that had been leftover from Christmas and I used to it to buy a copy of Pikmin 2 based on how much I'd enjoyed my intro to RTS games via Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and also because Sag had recommended it.

The tragedy is: It's gloriously fun and it shall now absorb more of my precious free time! (Plus interfering with my replay of Zelda: Wind Waker but I was already to the triforce hunt, so hey... ~_^)

-Davey Crockett
unavoidable

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and saw the Da Vinci Code yesterday. It rox my sox. go see it. NOW. lol

On a side note, check out my Broken Saints evangelizm:

http://www.tagworld.com/adeptempath (you have to scroll for it a tad)

Also, Benny hill drive in

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much nicotine does orbits have?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: