Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed Board Voting System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Communist_Spy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! By accepting commissioner, you've expressed interest in the position, thus nullifying your ability to become commissioner. There's a catch 22 in it all.

Also, I think Jules is on to something there. But I suggest that the pseudo-names be set as something painfully cheesy. i.e. ModMasterFlex, Moderbation, Harold&Mod, Moddamnit... you get the point. Or something generic would work.
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I think it's a clever idea in that it would allieviate Xan's concern, but I think that it's kind of a pain for everyone involved, I think Xan's concerns about mods getting involved being scary are overblown (ever seen the Ubuntu forums?), and I'd much rather know who the mods are myself.

Also, Commie, with your interest level, care to be press ganged into a commissioner position? ~_^

-Davey Crockett
Mooshou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero (The Anon One) wrote:

Also, Commie, with your interest level, care to be press ganged into a commissioner position? ~_^

Yeah but he'd have to login more for that ^_~

*sends some love to Commie *
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communist_Spy wrote:
Hah! By accepting commissioner, you've expressed interest in the position, thus nullifying your ability to become commissioner. There's a catch 22 in it all.

Uhh... implicit conditional! Ha!
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I think it's a clever idea in that it would allieviate Xan's concern, but I think that it's kind of a pain for everyone involved, I think Xan's concerns about mods getting involved being scary are overblown (ever seen the Ubuntu forums?), and I'd much rather know who the mods are myself.

By looking at a situation from the standpoint of a worst-case scenario, you can alleviate most concerns by planning thusly. I always look for the worst possible outcome so I can plan a way to avoid it. Now, what I've been saying may very well never come to pass, but that doesn't mean it can't.

To put this in another perspective, what happens when a mod steps down or is removed? Do we hold another election? If so, then what we're doing sets the precedence for the future of the community. This increases the importance of determining the entire process because that chance is always there that someone could abuse mod powers. I hate beaurocracy as much as the next person, but we should seriously consider these options to avoid any potential pitfalls if we're going to take this upon ourselves with Brooke's permission and enact a set of standards for determining the process as well as if we're going to take the chance of someone who's too passionate for a section of the boards to be a mod.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xan, what did you think Sag and I were doing on the first few pages there? It's a fairly complete, well defined procedure. To answer your specific question, if a mod steps down, the other mods jointly fill in on his/her section until a new election is immediately called to replace them.

Also, I don't think it's the level of passion that's an issue, it's the level of honesty.

If you have serious concerns about the electoral procedure, please voice them here. If not, we'd like to keep this discussion on track. Thank you.

Also, since we've just about got electoral commissioners, I think we should be able to go ahead and start accepting nominations if that's okay with everyone. Moo's started a thread for that in general, so feel free to use it. Please remember to nominate people both by name and for a specific board.

-Davey Crockett
ravin_13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no inklings to be either a commish or a mod, I'd rather just do what I've done since I've joined this place.
We will remember them."
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xan, what did you think Sag and I were doing on the first few pages there? It's a fairly complete, well defined procedure. To answer your specific question, if a mod steps down, the other mods jointly fill in on his/her section until a new election is immediately called to replace them.

Also, I don't think it's the level of passion that's an issue, it's the level of honesty.

If you have serious concerns about the electoral procedure, please voice them here. If not, we'd like to keep this discussion on track. Thank you.

Also, since we've just about got electoral commissioners, I think we should be able to go ahead and start accepting nominations if that's okay with everyone. Moo's started a thread for that in general, so feel free to use it. Please remember to nominate people both by name and for a specific board.

If you had fully addressed my concerns, I wouldn't be posting this, would I?

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, since we've just about got electoral commissioners, I think we should be able to go ahead and start accepting nominations if that's okay with everyone. Moo's started a thread for that in general, so feel free to use it.

Yes, she certainly has. In her own inimitable fashion. But then she also said:

Mooooooooooooooooooo wrote:
I just hope things don't become a popularity contest.

If this forum, of all places on the planet, manages to pull off the first backstabbing popularity contest I've ever seen in my life, I will probably have a heart attack from irony overload. And then I'll rise from the grave to post a three-page essay on it.

To weigh in on issues so far:

I don't know what the correct number of moderators would be, but I'll go with the current number.

I think that rotating "stewardship" of the different forums is a fantastic idea, but unfortunately would just mean more work for Brooke.

I disagree with the idea of unknown moderators. The "shadow government" was something that came up in the IRC chat.

~psy~ and Eggplant for Election Commissioners, yes. Gotta love how ~psy~ gets things dumped on her when she's not here.

And to add:

Do the four people whom Brooke chose get an automatic nomination?

--Rexfelum

Last edited by Rexfelum on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we're starting from scratch, Rex. We have to get nominated just like everyone else. I would nominate you myself, but I think I should refrain from nominating anyone on the grounds that I'm already in so deep here. Rest assured, I think someone will nominate you soon, you're too perfect for the job not to get the nod.

That said, there's no rule that Sag or Gups couldn't nominate you, or you them, I just don't think I should nominate anyone.

-Davey Crockett
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're nominating for all three forums now? Or just one at a time?
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three. Go at it.

-Davey Crockett
Caroljoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a board for Rants nominations yet, or am I just missing it?
Saggio l'uno

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroljoy wrote:
Is there a board for Rants nominations yet, or am I just missing it?

Doesn't look like it, no.
moo_tired

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just start a thread for it and nominate who you want. That's part of the rules right Zero?
Saggio l'uno

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moo_tired wrote:
just start a thread for it and nominate who you want. That's part of the rules right Zero?

(Hope you don't mind me answering for Zero)

Yes, anyone can nominate anyone, except themselves.
Theratt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one just tell me when the nominations are done and I'll cast my vote however it needs to be cast. Just gimme the bullet points I'm a busy person lately.
Zero (The Anon One)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, when do we want to set the deadline for nominations? I was thinking tomorrow at Noon PST or the evening sometime so we could go ahead and start debates soon.

-Davey Crockett
Zenphobia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should have two mods for each forum so that any fears of one becoming a dictator can be expelled.

Not to mention, if there's two people for each forum, there will almost always be a moderator around.

-Rickson Gracie
Mooshou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenphobia wrote:
I think we should have two mods for each forum so that any fears of one becoming a dictator can be expelled.

Not to mention, if there's two people for each forum, there will almost always be a moderator around.

I second this idea.

....Caving in never felt this good.. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: