Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funniest or most profound lines from the series?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Funniest or most profound lines from the series? Reply with quote

Hey mates,

Looking for different opinions on the funniest or heaviest/coolest lines from the series. We're thinking of making some goodies with said phrases on them...so we thought we'd turn to you first.

So keep 'em short and sweet...but otherwise, don't hold back!

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You

Last edited by bs on Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dark Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I introduced my boyfriend to the site and we watched the first episode. And we found a quote that I can't for the LIFE of me find now! It's frustrating but I'm not sure if Brooke wrote it or if it was quoted by somebody else. It was something about meeting before in a stars womb. But yes, if I can ever find it again that's the one that I like....

been here for years and still a newb

I call him Mini George doubleyuh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's in the Haikus!

Good idea, DS - some of the haikus might be neat to integrate with wearables. Thoughts?

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Guppy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be Chapter 19 as the funniest epi.
Especially the bouncer vs. the trio exchange

Orans "Suck my ****" makes me fall off my chair everytime.

I dunno and you cannot forget voice box kami's "There were two" Oran's response "Are you sure there were two, or was it in your head, old man ." "Yes, I mean no... There was a bald man with a glowing book, and another with red glasses and there was WOMENNNNNN."
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget which one this is from but it's where the four all go to the pier and Raimi consoles Shandala. Kamimura says something like, "What are you feeling right now?" or "What are you thinking?" and Oran says, "That I have never felt snow before."
FallenAngel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is alllll about chapter 8 (I think...) When Shandala and Chief Tui are sitting on the beach talking about her leaving....and he says, "Touch the wood, Shandala."

I just about DIED laughing when I noticed that for the first time at my friends house a few weeks ago. We all started bursting out laughing at that one.

I also like Chapter 18 when Cielle is doing her thing and she says (and I dont know if I have this right..) "We all gotta believe in something." Damn I wish I brought the DVD with me to my parent's house so I could check on that...

I will post with more later.

OH, one more before I shower. Raimi's line...he says it a few times throughout the series...

(I know I wont get this one right, but you will know the one I am talking about..) "Twitch the stick. Press the button. Punch the code." (Oh please don't knife me for botching that one...)

Mtthew said this one in the other thread that WeeGee started:

"Like the sand, we hold the memories."

Reverie posted these two in the other thread:

"Besides, you can't leave...you're still wearing my pants."

"Life is illusion. The only real thing is compassion - The bonds we share with others. Without them...we suffer alone."

Others said in said thread:

"Chaos, it would seem, is the ultimate nihilist."

"What happens to me when God wakes up

"We are players on a stage. The lies we tell serve the greater story."

"did I dream this belief?
or did i believe this dream?"

Last edited by FallenAngel on Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Guppy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah and anything that refers in supporting the cancer merchants and cubical barnyards..

And Masayukis Chicken and the Egg analogy, Eggs and Poop... Good and Bad both come from the same place the inside
Dark Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bs wrote:
That's in the Haikus!

Good idea, DS - some of the haikus might be neat to integrate with wearables. Thoughts?

b

AHA! FOUND! With a little help from Zeph (even though you probably all knew what I was talking about anyways)

"Do you know my soul?
Did we meet in a stars womb?
or dance with the wind?"

I think it would be a cool idea to stick some of the haiku's on shirts with cool pictures and stuff like that... not really sure what you could put on them for a haiku like that though... maybe the first opening picture that the words BrokenSaints comes out of when you open the sit. The mountain with the light over top of it. Sorry I'm not very descriptive, I opened up every window I could find to lag my computer up so I could write down the haiku and I haven't closed em yet so I can't open the site again lol.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All great ideas so far - keep 'em coming.

And yes indeedy, Sooo Monkooo "Push the button - pull the lever - punch the code - SHUT IT DOWN" might be a cool one with the appropriate gov't/bush/biocom/badass-Raimi image on it.

I've gotta see if I can get Drew to draw some high-ressie shirt stuff!

b
Rexfelum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenAngel wrote:
MAtthew said in the other thread that WeeGee started

. . .

"Chaos, it would seem, is the ultimate nihilist."

"What happens to me when God wakes up?"

Them's me.

Dark Star wrote:
I opened up every window I could find to lag my computer up so I could write down the haiku

Why?

But other than that, there's always "a final spark before fading away" (probably misquoted) . . .

"So you are to be a shepherd . . . and a sheep" . . .

(The all-important conclusion to The Eggplant's quote) "I thought it would be colder" . . .

Any and all of the early sarcastic-yet-profound-Raimi quotes, like "ignore the city stench, the (some other things), and the fact that no one's coming to help you" . . .

That one about the "clockwork world," when Raimi is in Chapter 13 . . .

Speaking of that, the one about "the story ends" at the end of Chapter 12 . . .

"The mind's ice melts . . . the snow turns to rain . . . and it all washes away" (also from the previous thread) . . .

"A single thought slipped from the faceless empty: 'I want to exist'" . . .

I could go on.

--Rexfelum

P.S.: Brooke, are you going to put up a new Broken Saints calendar on CafePress, i.e. one with new art and therefore a reason for me to buy it? My wall is going to get pretty empty once this year is up.

Edited P.S.: Just thought of another big one. You know all those toasts from Chapter 22? Yeah. Especially the one about "and to miracles. With enough believe, they can manifest in our life."
Dark Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexfelum wrote:
Dark Star wrote:
I opened up every window I could find to lag my computer up so I could write down the haiku

Why?

Ya after I was done making my computer twitch out Zeph happened to bring that up, so I'm sorry computer!

Anyways, another one I found that I like (being a big romantic sucker and all)

"A star fell between
Yesterday and Forever
The day we first spoke."

And being a person of peace:

"Hammer and Anvil
The tools of the fighting man
Not of the Thinker."

bs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You catching these, Josh?

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
FallenAngel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh don't forget when Raimi says:

"Even alleys aren't posh enough to piss in anymore." Hahahaha

or his whole schpiel on his life that includes, "without the naked guy, or the chickens..."

"did I dream this belief?
or did i believe this dream?"
CaptivatingAngel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenAngel wrote:
"Touch the wood, Shandala."

Yes, we suuuuuure did laugh. It was hilarious.
bs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

Maybe I can get Drew to draw a tongue-in-cheek comedy shot of Tui/Tui Jr saying such things...might me good for a larf

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
psy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I almost touched them... I almost touched the stars."
Zephie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!

Psy! You rock! And B, that one's a MUST. The Dutchie demands it!
Larry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent quotes already listed. I have the DVD at home, and you're all making me want to re-watch it for the quotes. I know no matter what I put, there will be things I left out. SInce I have no frame of refrenence, I may get some of this a little wrong. My memory isn't what I remember it once being.

For me, some of the monologues are what I really love. Raimi has some great one's, particularly about drugs. Were I to select one for merchandice from that speech, it's likely simply be, "The system is comprimised."

I'm also a particular fan of Gabriel's speech on the Revelation. There's so many great bits of that, on already having been mentioned. Others of note would be, "How can you know yourself if you don't know your purpose?" "The pain is memory, isn't it old friend?" "This is his gospel. This is his message. Do you see it? So you see?" "Your savage kin couldn't protect you! You were too weak to stop me, too weak to stop yourself!" "He made us both in their image! Designed to recieve! It is the infinate moment!" - So many choices.

Actually, any monologue that isn't too much of a spoiler could make a good merch. Just have a lot of text combined with art. I can imagine having people read that, ask what it is, and it gives me the opportunity to steer another person towards Broken Saints. There are some great choices in the early chapters for each character.

Let's go by character, see what I can recall.

Shandala:
"I am blessed." - Might be good to put in with a collage of Lamoagee(can't remember the spelling).

Can't remember which character said the quote that went something like, "The fool places his head in the lion's mouth. The wise man does not, knowing one day the beast's hunger will consume him. The believer knows this, and place his head in anyway."

Kamimura:
"Be the root, sucking at the earth. Be the trunk, twisting up the spine. Be the branch, reaching to the sky. Be the sky."
"The three are lost. Nirvana is lost. You are lost." - I know I messed that one up.
"Desire traps the soul."

Oran:
"My time alone with the book has blessed me. But I did not understand until I saw his dying face. You give your life to God. All of it."
"You cannot hurt me, for I believe."
"Every soul is a hostage to it's own deeds."

Raimi:
"Divide and conquor. Fuck and kill."
"Is it worth the risk? Is it worth my life?"
"Well, some men need to compensate."

Gabriel:
"Born of a cow, bred to be a king."

Street Preacher:
"I ask you, what have you sacrificed today?"

I'd love to see merch done in more than just t-shirts, but that hardly a consern here - you guys are great at coming up with innovative ideas. Says the man with the Broken Saints clock.

While we're at this, perhaps someone ought to submit for memorable quotes to the Broken Saints IMDB entry(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451002/)

... Hey, you know what would be great? Biocom shirts.

EDIT: psy, you beat me to it, barely.
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 14 from the Kamimura flashback - "His word was his bond."

Even just plain "word is bond" is cool enough.
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funniest quote of all time is from Oran very early on in the series:

"My brain floats like a dumpling swollen in a soup of adrenaline."

I'm seriously glad you decided to lay off the Clive Cussler for the rest of the series
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: