Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New DVD reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one from JoBlo.com - they're notoriously tough!

http://joblo.com/arrow/dvd_reviews.php?id=1291
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
axl99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Broken Saints isn't a movie. Nor is it a static comic book, but more of a mix between the two-"

OMG, those guys spoke my mind!

For me, Broken Saints always read like a novel, with special effects and sound no less of course... [Wait a sec, did that just sound right? o-o.. ]

On another note:

I did like that one comment from another review that said something to the tune of Broken Saints [as a series] challenging to its audience to come up with something better. There's potential there to kick off a whole bunch of self-indulgent indy series in more or less the same manner as Broken Saints. Anyone can write an epic, but in making a good story it's all a matter of finding the right balance of narration, pacing and plausability to get the point across. In my case, I'm always taught in animation school to always make with the short and sweet because the audience is "stereotypically impatient, biased, and ignorant."

That's a mistake too many studios have made, and few have ever managed to capitalize on. Like Pixar.
Vertigo21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome review. I like how they use beer mugs instead of stars for their rating system.

"Watching this was a real experience. There's nothing else like it. The art is so unique and at times, jaw-dropping in its awesomeness. It's a technical marvel. The sounds and voices don't quite match up to the visuals, but this is completely forgiveable. These chapters look absolutely marvelous on the screen. On top of this, this set will make you think. It's heavy on philosophy and introspection, it'll scare the crap out of you and may even move you to tears."

- WIN

I agree wholeheartedly (even about the sounds/voices) :p

All I can say is, Kami...the injured wolf...beautiful. Made me shed a tear. ;_;

And saying that is no threat to my masculinity
bs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest biggie from DVD Talk!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=25493

We just came out in France, Brazil, and Northern Europe. Fingers crossed...
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ark Skyheart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if this is random, but i'd liek to add my own reveiw?

~Broken Saints~

the flash animation that although started as a small project of faith between 3 friends soon blossomed into a global Phenomenon. hundreds, thousands of fans flocked to the 'Saints' Quest, word of mouth, Links, and appearances by Brooke and the team made the World of Broken Saints grow to be more than i'm sure even its creators imagined....and then came the Goverment Grant~

after the success of the original Broken Saints run it was givin another chance...to remind us all of the Truth in the way it could be seen and accepted by the world~ the team of 3...went to 40..and from there...to 100. all these amazing poeple came together to make the dream, the story, and the truth~into an amazing 4 disc set! (so much build up sorry lol)

as for the contents of the DVD, and what a DVD set it is, not only does this release of BS contain the revamped version of the epic, but it also come with more than 5 hours of extras and a 12 hour comentary! (i'm working through it and its well worth listening to) not includeing hidden features (disc 3 upper right corner of the links section on the DVD-rom is a great place to start) but it also gives you the chance to watch the show as it was intended with no Dub. i could go on and on about all the extras but that would take 12 hours~ lol, over all Saints is a show you shouldn't miss and should share with anyone you want...it has the potential to change the way you look at the world...one saint at a time~

sorry if that isn't that good...its my first reveiw~

My name is Al. and i am a frog. i also happened to hack this account! ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
bs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man...thrilled that you dug it!!!

b
Not just another star
It is Me
It is You
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> We Haven't Slept in Lifetimes...and our 1000 Eyes are Burning. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: