Broken Saints Forum Index Broken Saints
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy my comic book!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Buy my comic book! Reply with quote

As some of you may know, I published a comic book. Having been heretofore unavailble to anyone outside my general area, I've only posted snippets about it. Now, however, thanks to the god known as PayPal, City of Daemons can finally reach as many corners of the globe as money will alow.

Here's a link: http://www.sscomics.net
Or skip right to the buying: http://www.sscomics.net/shop.html

Now, I know what you're thinking: wait, that website mentions a shipping charge of $4.00, and the book itself is already $4.00...what kind of crap are you trying to pull?!

No crap, my friends...we're simply trying to break even on the shipping costs so that we can continue shipping and clean the remaining books out of my closet. And what do you get for that crazy $8 price? The specs from the site don't lie when they say "32 pages, printed on 80lb. Sterling Ultra Digital Gloss, no ads, full color." Worth the 4 bucks by itself, but, for a limited time, we're giving away some promo DVDs to accompany the book for no extra cost.

And what, pray tell, is this thing about, you ask? If you followed the link above, you can check the Synopsis page. If not, then I shall post it here:

City of Daemons wrote:
Sirus was once a great hero of his city. His days of heroism ended when his friend marshalled the local law enforcement against him. Now, having escaped from the asylum he was locked away in, Sirus finds himself shunned by the very city he had sworn to procect. The fallen hero’s scattered memory and hostile surroundings have left him feeling confused and dejected. And also quite insane.

Yet there can be no rest for Sirus. His old friend now controlls the city through fear, but that is not the least of the city’s problems. There are far worse things on the horizon – things could well destroy the city, things that no one can stop. No one except an insane amnesiac who would like nothing to do with saving anything, of course.

City of Daemons follows Sirus’ steadily degrading mental state as events push him on towards glory. Will this unlikely champion be able to pull himself back from the brink of insanity in time to save the city that has cast him aside?

So please, please, please (infinity with ice cream and a cherry on top) show the Sponge some love!
Jacob Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wheet whooo"

Now that is some nice stuff.
Mooshou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES I WILL BUY OMGYAYWTFWOO!

Eight buckaroos eh? Hmm, I can pay that! Just no address at the moment .
DeathJester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys sent me an invite to go to their con, but I won't be able to make it. I figure that would be a good place to pimp your comic since its in PA.

And I'm going to order that comic once I gets my paycheck. It better have an Evil Sponge hidden in some dark corner of the art.
Couch Guy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooshou wrote:
YES I WILL BUY OMGYAYWTFWOO!

Eight buckaroos eh? Hmm, I can pay that! Just no address at the moment .

Hey! You can mail it to me, and I promise to hand deliver it you in Cali at some future unspecified date....

Or I could just buy my own, huh?
The Ogre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good comic I loved it.
The darkness is waiting."

-Neil Gaiman's "The Books of Magic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caroljoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll buy one later this month when I have money.
The Eggplant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one.
Emperor Xan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being poor sucks.

Shit man, I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't make a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couch Guy wrote:
Or I could just buy my own, huh?

That you could. Speaking of you being within driving distance, I have a week off coming up. Wanna save 50% on a comic book?
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, so, I just got us into a local Con. I know there's not a lot of people that can make it to the Harrisburg, PA, area, but I just wanted to post this and continue being a spamming pimp.

October 22, at the Harrisburg Holiday Inn

Small-ish con, apparently, but I figure it's as good a place as any to try and sell some stuff. Plus, we're local...and pretty much right down the street from the event...so it will spread the word in our area a little faster. Anyone that wants to stop by, please do. I have extra couches
Kiretsu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Sponge wrote:
I have extra couches

I thought there could only be one Chouch.

My quandaries make my head spin and my tummy growl.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

Live every week like it's Shark Week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a cloning device. But that's highly classified, so don't tell anyone.
Couch Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=Kiretsu]I thought there could only be one Chouch.[/quote]
I'm disturbed by the misspelling.

I just started a new jobby here, Sponge, so I don't know what that weekend is going to look like. There is also the minor annoyance of, while I do own a car, no longer having a liscense. I might be able to ride the rails out there, though. I'm looking into it.
'Flying Above Everything' - Armor For Sleep
Evil_Sponge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*makes sad puppy dog eyes*
dumbwhiteguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couch guy wrote:
no longer having a liscense

Not that it's any of my buisness whatsoever, but I have to ask, what did you get it taken away for?

"Man when I figure out how to use the spell Check on this mother fucker you niggas in trouble"-50 Cents tweet page.
Couch Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eyesight. I can't pass the vision exam required to drive in California anymore, so my eye doctor had my license suspended. At first he was cool about it, just said I shouldn't drive, but after two years he realized I was still driving myself to my appointments (I see an eye doc, or should, three times a year), and called whatever number doctors call to revoke the driving priviledges of their unruly patients.
¤ Dr Dood ¤

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this might sound a little silly Couch, but have you tried glasses?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a whole big long story. Basically my eyesight isn't correctable to the degree required to drive in the US (20/40) without surgery, which (A) I can't afford since insurance won't cover it, (B) wouldn't be permanent, so I'd have to get it again in a few years, and (C) I don't qualify as a candidate for since my eyesight hasn't been stable for a period of 12 months and my right eye has trauma damage.
There's alot more to all of this, both concerning my eyes and my visual cortex (which may or may not be damaged), but it's rather boring to anyone but me.
Bearses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Buy my comic book! Reply with quote

Evil_Sponge wrote:
As some of you may know, I published a comic book. Having been heretofore unavailble to anyone outside my general area, I've only posted snippets about it. Now, however, thanks to the god known as PayPal, City of Daemons can finally reach as many corners of the globe as money will alow.

Here's a link: http://www.sscomics.net
Or skip right to the buying: http://www.sscomics.net/shop.html

Now, I know what you're thinking: wait, that website mentions a shipping charge of $4.00, and the book itself is already $4.00...what kind of crap are you trying to pull?!

No crap, my friends...we're simply trying to break even on the shipping costs so that we can continue shipping and clean the remaining books out of my closet. And what do you get for that crazy $8 price? The specs from the site don't lie when they say "32 pages, printed on 80lb. Sterling Ultra Digital Gloss, no ads, full color." Worth the 4 bucks by itself, but, for a limited time, we're giving away some promo DVDs to accompany the book for no extra cost.

And what, pray tell, is this thing about, you ask? If you followed the link above, you can check the Synopsis page. If not, then I shall post it here:

City of Daemons wrote:
Sirus was once a great hero of his city. His days of heroism ended when his friend marshalled the local law enforcement against him. Now, having escaped from the asylum he was locked away in, Sirus finds himself shunned by the very city he had sworn to procect. The fallen hero’s scattered memory and hostile surroundings have left him feeling confused and dejected. And also quite insane.

Yet there can be no rest for Sirus. His old friend now controlls the city through fear, but that is not the least of the city’s problems. There are far worse things on the horizon – things could well destroy the city, things that no one can stop. No one except an insane amnesiac who would like nothing to do with saving anything, of course.

City of Daemons follows Sirus’ steadily degrading mental state as events push him on towards glory. Will this unlikely champion be able to pull himself back from the brink of insanity in time to save the city that has cast him aside?

So please, please, please (infinity with ice cream and a cherry on top) show the Sponge some love!

Looking at the sample pages, I'm as impressed, as I am in love with your layout style. Also, the photo-real background is intriguing.
I might give it a look when I have some time on my hands. I've got so many things going on right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Saints Forum Index -> What Would You Give...to Know the Truth? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: